What's new

Any tipster to reduce brush “klinking”

Why not just hold your brush with the top of the handle pushed up into the palm of your cupped hand and wrap your fingers around the rest of the brush handle. Then just go to town. That's what I do.

Assuming the coffee gets stirred and the inside of the custom shave mug has some texturing, I'd think a spoon's going to make a lot more noise then a brush ever will.
dave

A longer handled but somewhat slimmer brush may help. Take a look at a Maseto Memphis 24 mm Finest. It has a fairly short loft with a somewhat longer handle so it works well with smaller mugs. I had one and wish I still did. I replaced it with a 26 mm one that is similar but not as good for what you are after.

MS - Extra Density 2 Band 100% Finest Badger Shaving Brush -"Memphis" -24mm Knot | eBay

The other option is the one you said you won't do. That is get a larger mug. Preferably a short walled one with a larger diameter. Some soup mugs fit the description. There is no reason to get rid of your current mug. Trade off with your use and enjoy life. I have 15 mugs in rotation from Old Spice mugs to much larger diameter soup mugs, all with different soaps to rotate through. I enjoy them all and enjoy selecting a brush to enjoy that soap with. Try it. You will be glad you did.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Option 1: Night shaving would eliminate the problem all together.

Option 2: go slow, and only work your brush around the edge of the soap where it meets the mug, and keep the handle central. Clinking was annoying me, never mind anyone else, and this really helped. It also wore the soap more evenly so it didn't dish as much.

Option 3: Baffle it with a rubber band or inner tube on the brush handle.

Option 4: Shave stick or cream during the week, and save the soap in the mug for weekends when the missus is already up.

When I use my Old Spice mug with one of my badger brushes, if the soap is down to its last third or so, I have the clinking problem. But if I use my boar brushes, which (as is often the case) are higher lofted, I don't hit the sides when loading the brush. That said, the Old Spice mug is not very deep. If your mug is much deeper than the Old Spice mug, you might not find a brush with enough loft to avoid hitting the sides with the handle.

Assuming the coffee gets stirred and the inside of the custom shave mug has some texturing, I'd think a spoon's going to make a lot more noise then a brush ever will.
dave
good point; Suggest wooden matcha brush?

More mugs, more brushes, more soap, it's all for her benefit.

& with @BigJim reporting a well-established shave cup acquisition disorder, I think I've been missing out on a wonderful addition to my... ahmhm... 'collections'

Top Bottom