What's new

Any rare straights?

This razor is dated approx. 1850 and was owned by the Marquis de Goulaime in the Loire valley in France. The history of these is quite fascinating as to who made them with the belief it was French prisoners held in England.
The family ( the 11th Marquis ) still runs the oldest business in Europe ( 1000 yrs.) living in the Castle ( begun in the year 970)
It's hand painted Whale bone with an etching on one blade reading "Plymouth" and the design on the scales recreated on the other blade of the Anchor and scrolls. The paperwork completes the picture.

Attachments

• $IMG_4406.jpg
    $IMG_4406.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 406
  • $IMG_4426.jpg
    $IMG_4426.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 411
  • $IMG_4427.jpg
    $IMG_4427.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 412
  • $IMG_4416.jpg
    $IMG_4416.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 405
  • $IMG_4411.jpg
    $IMG_4411.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 405
I believe that my Corsan, Denton, Burdekin & Co. wedge is rare. I've not yet seen one show up on eBay, nor on here or SRP, and a thread I posted a few months back asking for information and to see if anyone else had one went unanswered. I know the mark is common on knives and they show up on eBay now and then, but so far no razors...

proxy.php

HOFFRITZ 5/8 Stainless SPAIN. i have never seen another or talked to anyone who has.

Attachments

• $Picture 645.jpg
    $Picture 645.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 332
  • $Picture 646.jpg
    $Picture 646.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 334
A few from my stable the word rare is something quite special so I'm going to use the word not that common , just a few but I have quite a few more.

Last edited:
A few from my stable the word rare is something quite special so I'm going to use the word not that common , just a few but I have quite a few more.

Some nice razors there Filly! I also like to say not common as every time I have one that I think is rare...another 1 or 6 pop up haha
Nice photography too!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I don't know if rare is the right word, but uncommon certainly is. Matched pair of NOS 6/8 Boker 626g French points dating from the late 1920's to early 1930s according to the tang marks. There was one other with slightly differently shaped scales which I did not get, and I've seen a 5/8" French point Boker with a wash on the Revisor site a while back.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $Boker626g.jpg
    $Boker626g.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 136

Holy Smokes Filly, seeing all those honeys in one place makes me feel like I just went 12 rounds with the Champ! :a46:

Top Bottom