What's new

Any info

Wondering if anybody could tell me anything about these razors? ibest picture i have, waiting to see if she can send me more.
proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Without seeing the marks on the tang it's hard to say anything other than, "they look like user-grade razors." They could be the rarest of the rare, but it's impossible to know that from this pic. sorry

I cannot see them very clearly, but it looks like they do not have excessive uneven hone wear. The patina is beautiful though. Best of luck with your recent acquisitions!

I dont have them yet and still waiting to get better pictures, sorry. I know its hard to tell anything right now, and I am trying to find out more before I decide to spend $50 on these. I can read the words Shumate dollar on the box.

I managed to talk her down a little in price so I went ahead and got them. Now to decide what i want to do with them and are they worth restoring. Is it ok to take a toothbrush and some warm water with dawn to these and lightly scrub?

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Torreys were made from 1880 - 1963 . Nice razors . I have a few. And the Wadsworth ( also have and a great shaver) were made from 1905 - 1936.
cleaning them up a bit as you suggest shouldn't hurt anything just be sure to dry them very well. Get them honed up and enjoy.
As to a full on restore that's a personal choice but I'm not sure I could justify that route. You yourself could do a bit with some metal polishes etc. and help the appearance if that's a concern .

Last edited:
Those are nice looking razors. Probably not worth paying someone for a restore, but if you put a little work in with some sanding/polishing you could make a big difference. Or just clean them up with some soap as you plan, have them honed and enjoy the shaves!

Top Bottom