What's new

Any Feedback on "Brushless" Creams?

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I noticed a tube of Barbasol brushless shaving cream in the grocery store yesterday. I hadn't any idea they were making it but it may be worth a try..

My preferred shave cream is Proraso Protective in a tube. I rub it into my wet face, do a light rinse and then apply again before shaving.

I've lathered a number of pucks and tried a number of brushless creams. I've also lathered the Proraso in a bowl, but the Proraso applied brushless gives me a markedly closer shave than anything else I've tried.

No brush....heresy.
For me, it would be like eating with my fingers.....
lol..

No sorry, whatever works best for you is the key here!
That is the way it should be.....

I just hope this is not a gateway to say a razor-less shave, like magic cream.
Which from what I here can cause:

fireface.png

Hey, if you are not having fun.
You are doing it wrong.

Enjoy each shave and try to behave...
BFX

I've used the new Erasmic brushless cream / gel. With a mach 3 it gives a really slick shave. The scent is alovera and the colour is a kinda greenish blue. Here in the UK its around 99p for a 75ml tube, but you only need a little. No after irritation and as the scent is kinda neutral it doesn't interfere with your AS.

Kiehls Ultimate Brushless White Eagle shave cream has been my go-to for travel and I find it to be quite good! It is pricey and not always in stock tho and just got a tube of Cremo to check out! I'm pretty happy with it... Plus it's a third of the price and available in my grocery store!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I think Kiss my Face ls considerably better than Cremo. My opinion might be a minority one, though, and Cremo is certainly easier to find.
At the moment, Amazon has Kiss My Face in several scents, including unscented... and Amazon has their own competing product at just over half the cost... It might be worth trying... I've already mentioned this but I've been using Cremo for the last 3 weeks in Bali.... It is slick, but I don't care for the face feel or how it feels on my hands when I apply it or try to wash it off. I won't be buying any more... I do have the Pacific Unscented that showed up at our place during our trip.... the Original has too much citrus in it for my face but I liked how it shaved.

I've used trader joes honey mango, clubman pinaud barber shave cream (which is a +1 scent wise , I adore it), and all the proraso creams outside of the red one. Cremo isn't bad at all and I love the slickness and thier cool mint shave cream. I like all of these brushless creams alot. For me personally though, Jack black Beard lube is hands down the best for me and my skin. I also enjoy thier supreme cream alot! If forced to pick just one , I'd probably stay with jack black beard lube as I find it meets all my needs as a 3in1 product. I just think that even though it's up front cost is high at 35$ for 16oz it will last a very long time and give me quick fast brushless shaves.

Last edited:
Shaving w/o a brush = french fries w/o ketchup. You can do it, but WHY?

Kidding aside, if that's your thing, go for it. I've tried several Cremo brushless varieties and they're fine (they make at least one for a brush too). Also, see my recent post about Nivea cream in a tin (I would insert the link to it here but have no idea how). Came across and old tin of this in my horde, and in the interest of using everything, tried it. Works reasonably well once you learn it.

Top Bottom