What's new

Another Shaving Study - "Challenges for Shaving"

I was just looking for a link to the oft-quoted study (well, off-quoted by me) at: Volume 27 No 12 - https://library.scconline.org/v027n12/1

On Google, I noticed this link to another study that I haven't seen before, specifically looking at challenges and causes of irritation. There's no magic bullets or game-changing conclusions here, but their theories as to the biological mechanisms of shaving related irritation are quite interesting. Worth a look for shave nerds, I would say (yes, I mean you guys).

Also, interesting to see that they think 4 minutes of saturation is required for optimal beard hair hydration. I have to say, that seems closer to my own experience than the average 2.5 minutes suggested in the first study (which is also referenced in the second one).

Very interesting. Thank you.
It explains very well how skin irritation and sensitive skin are not due to “delicate” skin, but to how the skin reacts to “external signals”.

Interesting that white whiskers grow at twice the rate of pigmented ones.
I'm always complaining to the wife that my beard should grow faster so I can shave more often. Guess I should just count my white whisker blessings.

Top Bottom