What's new

...and another update (6 now)

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Guys,
I am back in business!!! Made the first brushes for customers today. Feeling great to be back in the shop.
Better than lying in bed and watch TV and snack....
So, keep them coming!! As always, Shavemac two-band silvertips (plus a few D01, two and three band, and a couple silvertips) as well as Muehle STF knots are in stock.

Rudy Vey

Congrats, Rudy... now, an update from your wife.. How is she doing? I hope she's making progress. I wish her well too.
It will be a long process. She had now four PT sessions, but was told it will take several months to get back to normal. She has a lot of pain, this is expected to last for up to two months. But, we are fighting through!

Welcome back, Rudy. Wishing both you and your wife all the best as you progress through your healing and recovery process.

Rudy Vey

Amen. Praying for your wife Rudy. That PT is just plain tough on that part of the body. I hope the Dr.s are giving her meds for the pain, and that she is taking it.
No!! They said take Tylenol....she finally called the office yesterday and asked for something stronger. Even after my surgery, the doctor said take Tylenol, but the pain was so bad, I called (2x) and he very reluctantly wrote me something stronger. They do not longer write a script for opioids containing drugs like they used to do. This is actually good, but in some cases they should be more considerate.
I remember some 18 years ago, I tore my shoulder badly. Doc wrote a script for 120 (!!!) Vicodin pills. I took some and kept the bottle with the rest in my night stand. One day after we got back home from Ireland vacation, I saw that there were only 5 left in the bottle! Our dog/house sitter's brother was a druggie and they must have had a party in the house and he took the pills. Needless to say, she never again house/dog sat.

No!! They said take Tylenol....she finally called the office yesterday and asked for something stronger. Even after my surgery, the doctor said take Tylenol, but the pain was so bad, I called (2x) and he very reluctantly wrote me something stronger. They do not longer write a script for opioids containing drugs like they used to do. This is actually good, but in some cases they should be more considerate.
I remember some 18 years ago, I tore my shoulder badly. Doc wrote a script for 120 (!!!) Vicodin pills. I took some and kept the bottle with the rest in my night stand. One day after we got back home from Ireland vacation, I saw that there were only 5 left in the bottle! Our dog/house sitter's brother was a druggie and they must have had a party in the house and he took the pills. Needless to say, she never again house/dog sat.
Has your wife tried Tylenol Arthritis, the 8-hour version? My wife had both hips replaced, the first four months ago and the second just over a month ago. She's allergic to NSAIDs and won't take opioids. Found that the Tylenol Arthritis worked pretty well. CVS carries its own generic version which is a lot cheaper.

In any case, best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Glad to hear you and your wife slowly making a recovery. Can't speak for Doctors everywhere but they do seem to be hesitant to prescribe pain meds, prob erring on the side of safety re: addictive properties etc. The only time I had something stronger given was when I had some dental work and they gave me some Tylenol t3's, which I didn't end up needing (those Advil liquid gels are great).

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
One of my doctors suggested I add Aspirin to Ibuprofen... that did make a difference for me. I have a chronic pain situation. I take Gabapentin for it. It really works for some people, me included, but I've talked to people who hate it. It depends on the situation and how it reacts with a person's body and mind. You could ask her doctor about it and see if it might relieve some of her pain.

Top Bottom