What's new

Am I The Only Person On B&B Who Finds The Scent Of Tabac Nauseating?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
The problem is that NOBODY else likes the scent.... Except for purse carrying Grandpas!
Yeah baby!
1663007905742.gif

For the record, my preference for shaving is Vito’s red or Mitchell’s Wool Fat. However, the wife loves the sent of Tabac. Saturday date night is Tabac shaving soap, after shave, deodorant, hair cream and EDT. I fall asleep Sunday morning with a big smile and wake Sunday afternoon in much the same fashion. So do I like the sent of Tabac or does my opinion really matter in the least?

Just make sure she’s an old lady that smokes.

It’s actually more of a tobacco flower scent than what most of us think of as a tobacco scent.
I have no idea what a tobacco flower scent is. The closest I've come is cigars and La Toja.

Being somewhat of a newcomer, I'm still deep inside the exploration phase. I've heard all this commotion about Tabac (is that tobacco-scented product?) so I found two products on the BST forum which wound up to be new as far as I could tell. One is House of Mammoth Tobacconist, the other was Pere Lucien Phoebus Tabac. I like one slightly better than the other, but I don't dislike nearly anything I've tried. THIS might be blasphemous, but I was repulsed by Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street. It was indescribably offensive.

I'm not sophisticated enough to give a reason why I disliked it. I just did. I'm not averse to floral scents. I love my Pre de Provence No. 63, Proraso red and green are high on the list. Barrister and Mann Bear (Cologne Russe) and Horse (La Vanille) I like very much, as I do Oceania from the same folks. I'm a big fan of Lather & Wood Bay Rum, but sandalwood not so much (by itself), but my wife absolutely loves it. Myrsol Emulsion is also delightful.

But this House of Mammoth Tobacconist and Pere Lucien Phoebus Tabac I like quite a bit. So now I know what Tabac "probably" smells like, unless I'm corrected. It's a bit pungent at first, and I've never been to a country club, but I imagine where the golfers sit and sip their Jack, Beam, or Johnny--on those high-backed leather chairs there's a faint scent of this Tabac wafting in the ether.

FWIW, my favorite of all the soaps, balms and AS I've tried is the Pre de Provence No. 63. Very floral, but not in a feminine way. My second favorite is the Barrister and Mann Bear label Cologne Russe. House of Mammoth might be the third.

As for Arko, I love everything about it. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom