What's new

Alpha and Oumo Combos

Had the itch to try some more Boar Knots and I have never used a horse hair knot yet, so I put these together this am. Waiting for them to set and will get busy trying them out tomorrow. What do you all think?
1668283962811.png

1668283979762.png

So far so good. I am finding that I like Boar brushes better than Badger at this point. The right amount of backbone, very little scritch and also very soft. I really like the look of the tall knot, but it is not as user friendly as a better proportioned knot.

I think they look great. How is the brush in the red handle performing for you?

Where did you get the brushes from and which one are horse hair and which ones are boar?

@aussietanker Top two are boar and the bottom two are horse hair. The handles are done by Alpha Shaving and the knots were done by Oumo. A quick google search and you can find them.

I really enjoy boar brushes, I would say the golden nib boar knot is my personal favorite. These horse hair brushes lack any backbone at all. I may need to reset them deeper and see if that helps. They are cheap, but would probably not buy them again.

@aussietanker Top two are boar and the bottom two are horse hair. The handles are done by Alpha Shaving and the knots were done by Oumo. A quick google search and you can find them.

I really enjoy boar brushes, I would say the golden nib boar knot is my personal favorite. These horse hair brushes lack any backbone at all. I may need to reset them deeper and see if that helps. They are cheap, but would probably not buy them again.
Before you pull the horse hair knots why dont you try the O ring trick.... Take an O ring or rubber band / small hair band and put around the bottom of the knot where it protrudes from the handle and it will simulate having set the knot deeper and you can see if you even like it "set deeper" before tearing the brush apart... ??

Top Bottom