What's new

Alcohol content in aftershaves

Alcohol content in aftershaves.

With this pandemic I read that using an aftershave with alcohol can kill viruses on your skin. After using these for a week or two I’ve Also noticed my skins Has gotten clearer. It does seem to help with acne and other skin issues.

Even though I think I preferred balm living in a dryer climate I have to think that the alcohol content in aftershave is a plus during this time.

Seems like some of the drugstore aftershaves like skin bracer, English leather, clubman etc have a significant alcohol content.

What’s your favorite aftershave with a high alcohol content?

There is a supply-house brand Superior 70 that is 65% alcohol content! Menthol or bay rum.
currently, likely scarce!

9F9ECE09-608B-458F-8E91-3728FA3B21F0.jpeg

Most aftershaves don't have the 70% alcohol content that is supposedly needed to inactivate corona. I have a bottle of lemon Duru Turkish kolonya that qualifies. Puerto Rican alcoholados like Superior 70 or Dr. Sana would be some other ones.

I don't care about the alcohol percentage in my aftershave. Isopropyl alcohol is cheap enough that I can add it to myself post-shave if wanted.
Same with hand sanitizer, or wiping my skin with an alcohol prep pad.
So... go Brut!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
While most aftershave has only 40% SD alcohol in it, I would think if one is using it after their shave the water and lather from the soap has already effectively cleaned away any viruses?

I think if I’m going to walk into the bathroom to grab my aftershave to kill germs, I’ll just grab a bar of soap while I’m in there instead. :)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Max burner for me is Murray&Lanman Florida Water. The Pinaud products I’ve tried all seem to be at the high alcohol end. My favorite there is the Virgin Islands Bay Rum.

This. Florida Water and 4711, both with glycerin added.

Enjoy the burn!

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Most aftershaves don't have the 70% alcohol content that is supposedly needed to inactivate corona. I have a bottle of lemon Duru Turkish kolonya that qualifies. Puerto Rican alcoholados like Superior 70 or Dr. Sana would be some other ones.

Thought I was alone in the world with my Dr. Sana Bay Rum!

Did a thread on it last Christmas. Good stuff.

AA

Try layering aftershave with cologne which invariably has an alcohol content of 70%+
Interesting because I also found that same information. I also have switched to wearing cologne while we have this pandemic for the same reasons you stated. Out of curiosity I googled alcohol content of cologne and didn’t realize it had a More alcohol content than aftershaves had.

Interesting because I also found that same information. I also have switched to wearing cologne while we have this pandemic for the same reasons you stated. Out of curiosity I googled alcohol content of cologne and didn’t realize it had a More alcohol content than aftershaves had.

You guys are spraying cologne right on your freshly shaved faces?

Top Bottom