What's new

Age and shaving frequency poll

How old are you and how often do you shave?

• I'm under 40 and shave at least 6 days a week

• I'm under 40 and shave less than 6 days a week

• I'm 40, or older, and shave at least 6 days a week

• I'm 40, or older, and shave less than 6 days a week

• I'm 120 and stopped shaving when I died

Results are only viewable after voting.
B

bAkewelle

Depending if I work and have the energy I will shave 6-7 days a week but not always. I'm 25 by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
24 here, usually shave every other day. I work on an ocean-going tug boat, so when we are underway I often only shave once-twice a week, but when I am home I do as often as I can! Like a few other gents here, my face can't tolerate a full three pass every day, but I have been playing around with two WTG passes daily which my face seems to handle. Not my perfect BBS, but it does provide a very good shave - and I get to shave twice as often!

I wear a tie, I have to at least clean up under my collar every day. But I do the full monty every day, may miss once a month, unless I'm camping with the scouts. Have skipped a couple in a row then. But I'm sure the Gunny has heard it, "If you needed facial hair, the Corp (or Air Force in my case) would have issued it!"

White knuckling the last couple of months at 45. I shave most days. I find that I will do a one or two pass on my days off, and usually skip one day a week just because. Before I started de shaving, I shaved less.....avoided like the plague whenever I could.

Last edited:
I'm an old fart and I shave every day unless I'm camping or ill. I don't need to shave for work, but I enjoy being clean-shaven. I'll probably continue this routine even after I retire later this year.

Going on 68 and shave every day (sometimes twice).
Don't have to - want to.
Nothing else to do....
I can find enough to keep me busy so I can avoid the less enjoyable of chores. I will be 72 in a week, and I was planning to work until I was about the age I am now, but didn't get that opportunity. When I started shaving, it was once a week on Sunday mornings, then when I had to shave every day, I usually skipped it Saturdays. The past 2-3 years, I've been shaving about every other day, with some variation if there is anything "special" on my calendar, such as a social outing with my lady friend, or on a whim, the past two months, to use a different razor than my usual Super Adjustable.

It probably averages 4 days a week.

Last edited:
I'm 38 and work at the hospital. I night shave before my early shifts about 4 times a week. Take days off in between so I can let it grow a little before I mow it down.

Well and truly retired, and shave every day. I note most of the veterans on the board are the same.

Old habits die hard, even when there is no platoon sergeant around.

I'm 60 and grew up at a time when no well groomed man left the house unshaven. The stubble look was unheard of back then. So I shave everyday, and sometimes twice, if I have an evening engagement. In addition, I shave my head 2 or 3 times a month.

Top Bottom