What's new

Aftershaves with witch hazel - suggestions?

I am looking for an aftershave splash or balm that is alcohol free and that contains witch hazel. I really want something that has maximum razor burn soothing capabilities. Suggestions? I am also open to other non witch hazel suggestions that meet the latter criteria.

Best,

Drew

Stirling offers a witch hazel/aloe product. I only have experience with their splashes and soaps but they do make a great stuff.

Why not buy a bottle of witch hazel and whatever bottles of AS you like? You get the best of both worlds that way and don't need to exclude *** (hope no one takes offense at how that looks) that you like just because they don't have WH built in.

Lucky Tiger is exactly what you are looking for.

I didn't know Lucky Tiger had witch hazel! That's good to know. Guess I never checked the ingredients. Never noticed the bottle didn't have a full list.

I'd recommend either Lucky Tiger (no alcohol), or Stirling (with alcohol). Both are great!

Stirling's witch hazel & aloe line has no alcohol, only their splashes :001_smile Also +1 for Lucky Tiger, use it every night after I scrub my face...love that smell.
I didn't know Lucky Tiger had witch hazel! That's good to know. Guess I never checked the ingredients. Never noticed the bottle didn't have a full list.

I'd recommend either Lucky Tiger (no alcohol), or Stirling (with alcohol). Both are great!

Last edited:
If you're willing to accept some alcohol, I would offer and recommend the following WH-containing splashes from my collection:

Speick
Ogallala (I have the BR and Sandalwood...I would guess the formulation of the other scents is similar)
Proraso Refresh
Captain's Choice

As noted above, Lucky Tiger After Shave and Face Tonic has WH and no alcohol...very nice stuff indeed...my face loves it!

Stirling's witch hazel & aloe line has no alcohol, only their splashes :001_smile Also +1 for Lucky Tiger, use it every night after I scrub my face...love that smell.

Good call, I forgot about their witch hazel and aloe! So multiple options from Stirling, depending on if you want alcohol or not.

All of the Thayers splashes are great as aftersves. Some are alcohol free, but the alcohol is so low in others it's barely noticeable. I especially like the superhazel and lemon.

Why not buy a bottle of witch hazel and whatever bottles of AS you like? You get the best of both worlds that way and don't need to exclude *** (hope no one takes offense at how that looks) that you like just because they don't have WH built in.
Trying for something without alcohol.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Or add essential oils to generic witch hazel; cheap and fun.

WH with tea tree oil was the only AS I used for years.

AA

Thayers medicated witch hazel is exactly what you want!

proxy.php

Top Bottom