What's new

Aerometric converter from Parker 51

Can the pitting in the be buffed off and refinished or sprayed? Also, should this sac be replaced? It looks old and weathered $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414622911.202769.jpg

I've often wondered the same thing about the paint, so I'm interested to hear what you find out; as to the sac, try to clean it out by running some water through it. If it is pliable and holds water, then no, you don't need to replace it. My guess would be that you do not need to replace it, as those Parker 51 Aeromatic sacs seem to be bulletproof (or at least dry rot proof)

I've got a 51 with similar plating loss. It's not affecting the operation of the pen and the only time you see it is when you're refilling, so I basically ignore it. If it was a particularly valuable/collectible model, you should be able to replace the converter with one from a donor pen.

Thanx for overlooking my poor grammar. It doesn't have any special value to me other than aesthetics. I sanded it with 400 grit sandpaper. I'll probably spray it back chrome.

Top Bottom