What's new

Active Duty / Veteran Comment Thread

I wonder how you Navy guys did it. No privacy, no days off, not even a beer after the work day ends. If it ever ends. Does it?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I wonder how you Navy guys did it. No privacy, no days off, not even a beer after the work day ends. If it ever ends. Does it?
If you're at sea, it doesn't really. Especially if you have the 4-8 watches, which means standing watch on equipment from 4 am to 8 am, then working from 8 am to 4 pm, then standing your second watch from 4 pm to 8 pm. Makes for a long day.
The upside is, generally, no one is shooting at you.

If you're at sea, it doesn't really. Especially if you have the 4-8 watches, which means standing watch on equipment from 4 am to 8 am, then working from 8 am to 4 pm, then standing your second watch from 4 pm to 8 pm. Makes for a long day.
The upside is, generally, no one is shooting at you.
I guess the food's pretty decent too?

United States Marine Corps 1982-1986
Lance Corporal, E-3
MOS 0847 , Artillery Meteorologist
HQ Battery, 5/11. MCAGCC 29 Palms
Great place to be Stationed, if you don't like cities. Lots of sun ,sand and very little of anything else.
Nothing like a PFT when Lake Bandini is in full steam...
Never stationed there, but amassed close to a year between schools and CAX

Hello All!

Just found this forum and thought I'd give it a shot. Been proudly serving for 15 years. The shortest and longest 15 years of my life. I am still having a good time (most times) and probably going to keep going until I am over it.

1. United States of America
2. United States Navy
3. E-6/IT1
4. Information Systems Technician
5. USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70). First command, 2 deployments in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
My little brother was aboard as a TM during that time building bombs for you know what came next...

Last edited:
Nothing like a PFT when Lake Bandini is in full steam...
Never stationed there, but amassed close to a year between schools and CAX

My little brother was aboard as a TM during that time building bombs for you know what came next...
Its a small world but a huge ship. I couldn't even tell you how many people I run into that were stationed there and never ever meeting them. Hahah!

I am unsure if this is the correct place to post this - Mods, please correct as needed.
Firstly, I am not in active service, nor am I a Veteran. I offer this post for the possible interest of the fine men and woman who serve our Military and Civil Law Enforcement, be it the USA, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, and other allies. To all, I salute you and thank you for your service.
Today is ANZAC Day in Australia and New Zealand, which I am sure many of you know. A most sacred day where we remember and honour our active forces and veterans.
As well as attending the dawn service, I have this year honoured our Vietnam Veterans by purchasing, through a happy coincidence, a 1,000 blade lot of the very blades that were issued to our forces during this war.
These blades are known as Gillette Super Stainless ‘Aussie Spoilers’, so named because they have the identical materials of construction and design as the US ‘Spoilers’, but were manufactured in Gillette’s Australian factory. They are excellent blades that I am sure served our boys well.

IMG_6320.jpeg

IMG_6324.jpeg

IMG_6321.jpeg

I did not serve, but my Father before me most certainly did, and I have honoured him since I joined B&B with my avatar and signature.

Top Bottom