What's new

Acquisitions Monday July 17th - Sunday July 23th

Hahahaah I enjoyed the Story Alex, wow I wish I could play poker or any card game and make money im just too easy.. and corrupted by all the movies of poker where one man sits behind you with a cellphone messaging my cards to the big boss who has a hidden earpiece in his ear. yeah you blew it its like Snooker you find an easy game and you have your income for months till they catch you. wow I didnt know the poker world works like that or that you even can be a professional poker ! I met one in Prague a nice guy who is a foreigner in Prague who runs his own company there but he has no work permit and he has no Czech passport so he has to leave every 3 months the country for a few days then come back and he can stay for another 3 months and the cycle goes on and on I asked where do you go then ? he said oh im a poker player so I went to France stayed at a hotel and went to some poker games. I was like *** ? I dont know is there luck in this game ? or is it simply the more brains or higher IQ you have the more money you will make ? dont wanna talk poker here its not the place you can PM me.. I wooo about aswell so wooo all you want but dont post links of naked woman you will get modded you wont know what hit you ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just had to restart my aftershave splash AD again.

full
  • Proraso Aftershave Splash
  • QED Mocha Java Shaving Stick
  • Geo. F. Trumper Coral Skin Food
  • Musgo Real Aftershave Splash
The QED Mocha Java shaving soap is an absolute must for anyone trying to qualify as a chocoholic!

Last edited by a moderator:
I snagged a tube of Coates' Rose from Colonial for an upcoming trip to Guatemala... now, I have to buy a spare piece of roll-on luggage for my shave gear!

Josh

NMMB said:
Nice haul John... I especially like the look of the FB ...and all of those Derbys look tempting.

Thanks Michael. I'm a little ashamed of the Merkur Trac II razor but it was so cheap on Ebay I couldn't pass it up. I reasoned it'd be perfect for when I travel by air and I don't want to check my luggage in.

Jonnybc said:
Thanks Michael. I'm a little ashamed of the Merkur Trac II razor but it was so cheap on Ebay I couldn't pass it up. I reasoned it'd be perfect for when I travel by air and I don't want to check my luggage in.

As cartridge razors go, the Trac II is a good one. I've got one that I've had for years that I stumbled across last year. I keep it in my "emergency" bag.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
As cartridge razors go, the Trac II is a good one. I've got one that I've had for years that I stumbled across last year. I keep it in my "emergency" bag.

Randy

I had the original Gillette one in my late teens/early twentys and quite liked it. I even managed to get some original gillette cartridges without the slime strip.

Hello all. I'm new here, and I want to publicly thank a very good friend for a very nice gift. He's been lurking here for a while and is the person who told me about this site. Apparently, he hated shaving as much as I did, until he got himself a double-edge razor, a badger brush and some high-quality creams and lotions. He's not the kind of person to keep a good thing all to himself.

So, when he came into town for a visit last weekend, he presented me with a bag containing: A Merkur DE razor with 10 blades, a Shavemac brush, some Proraso cream and post-shave lotion, a tube of Trumper's coconut oil cream and a bottle of alcohol-free witch hazel. "Oh, that bag is full of stuff for you," he said. "A gift." The occasion? He thought I was in need of a morale boost. (And I was.)

Boy, did that stuff do the trick! Not only does my face feel better, but I actually enjoy shaving now. Instead of another odious daily chore, I've got a reason to get up a little bit earlier in the morning. It definitely is the right way to start the day.

I had tried wet shaving before, but it was with an $8 Body Shop brush, a cartridge razor and some cheap shaving soap. All that stuff is now in the garbage. I was stunned how much difference the badger brush and double-edge razor make. Now if I could only find my styptic pencil ...

So, thanks, JS, for all the cool stuff.

The only potential drawback: I already have several types of acquisition disorder taking over my living quarters. My kitchen is cluttered with seldom-used gadgets, obscure utensils and a ton of coffee-brewing equipment. My spare bedroom is home to dozens of unfinished projects, boxes full of books, electronic gadgets and spare computer parts. I hope I don't end up collecting brushes and razors as well. But I have a feeling the bathroom will be the next to fall.

Worse things could happen.

Keith said:
Hello all. I'm new here, and I want to publicly thank a very good friend for a very nice gift. He's been lurking here for a while and is the person who told me about this site. Apparently, he hated shaving as much as I did, until he got himself a double-edge razor, a badger brush and some high-quality creams and lotions. He's not the kind of person to keep a good thing all to himself.

So, when he came into town for a visit last weekend, he presented me with a bag containing: A Merkur DE razor with 10 blades, a Shavemac brush, some Proraso cream and post-shave lotion, a tube of Trumper's coconut oil cream and a bottle of alcohol-free witch hazel. "Oh, that bag is full of stuff for you," he said. "A gift." The occasion? He thought I was in need of a morale boost. (And I was.)

Boy, did that stuff do the trick! Not only does my face feel better, but I actually enjoy shaving now. Instead of another odious daily chore, I've got a reason to get up a little bit earlier in the morning. It definitely is the right way to start the day.

I had tried wet shaving before, but it was with an $8 Body Shop brush, a cartridge razor and some cheap shaving soap. All that stuff is now in the garbage. I was stunned how much difference the badger brush and double-edge razor make. Now if I could only find my styptic pencil ...

The only potential drawback: I already have several types of acquisition disorder taking over my living quarters. My kitchen is cluttered with seldom-used gadgets, obscure utensils and a ton of coffee-brewing equipment. My spare bedroom is home to dozens of unfinished projects, boxes full of books, electronic gadgets and spare computer parts. I hope I don't end up collecting brushes and razors as well. But I have a feeling the bathroom will be the next to fall.

Welcome to B&B! Let us know if there's anything we can help with.

Keith said:
...So, when he came into town for a visit last weekend, he presented me with a bag containing: A Merkur DE razor with 10 blades, a Shavemac brush, some Proraso cream and post-shave lotion, a tube of Trumper's coconut oil cream and a bottle of alcohol-free witch hazel. "Oh, that bag is full of stuff for you," he said. "A gift." The occasion? He thought I was in need of a morale boost. (And I was.)...

Wlecome to B&B Keith. That is quite a friend! You are definitely off on the correct road with that nice bag of goodies. Ummm... coconut cream.... I am feeling SCAD kicking in. Sigh. :biggrin:

Dennis

Keith said:

Hi Keith and welcome !!!

I was so moved by your story, that im going to copy it I am waiting for my friend to buy some beginning basics he uses a M3 with goo and yes he is a member here so I cant say too much here but right now he is in Greece for a holiday with his Girlfriend they were supposed to meet his father but he is staying longer in the hospital due to some kidney problems right now he is 71 , I have been nagging him about shaving for the last 4 months untill he couldnt take it anymore and became a member at this site but he still doesnt take us serious but he promised me when he would come back from Greece he would buy my Fatboy some blades and a soap and I get to choose a reasonable brush. well now I read your story and I think he can use a boost aswell though my package will go to Sweden. Anyways thanks for sharing your story gave me a good idea why wait for him to buy it I will give him no choice he must be assimilated. this will be fun

Top Bottom