What's new

Acquisitions Monday Feb 20- Sunday Feb 26

Scotto said:
You guys are killin' me with this Coates stuff. Must. Not. Buy. More. Stuff.

Scotto,

I can help you with all of these "--ADS" you have. Really, it's simple. Send me your credit card!

Randy

Gents, I recently acquired a Gillette Aristocrat Razor. The razor is in good shape. All it really needed was a good cleaning and polish. Not bad for a 50 year old razor. The razor came with a gold blade holder and case. I will be using this razor instead of just admiring it.

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
The real problem is that if I order from Knox Cigar, I can't stop ordering pipes, tobacco, etc. So far I am resisting. :blush:

full

I really enjoy the light touch of this Schick razor. 1st shave wasn't super close, but the most irritation free I've had in awhile. i think I can perfect the closeness with a few more shaves. This one's definitely a keeper, and the CVS 2 blocks away from my apt. carries the injector blades.

I also acquired an old Hoffritz Slant for cheap. It's tarnished and I had to clean it up, but it will still shave fine. It came in the metal case most everyone's seen with the blue felt and 2 metal sleeves for blades. As a throw-in on this deal, I received an old 3 piece Gillette. It's in considerably better condition than the Slant, but I don't know how to date it. Perhaps I'll post a pic sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - here I go again:

1950's Gillette Super Speed razor
10 5 packs of Swedish Gillette blades
12 "tubes" of Arko shave soap

flirting with:

Proraso 'in the tub'
Simpsons Polo 8 in Best
Simpsons Chubby 3 in Super
:bored:
<God help me!!!>

HlSheppard said:
OK - here I go again:

1950's Gillette Super Speed razor
10 5 packs of Swedish Gillette blades
12 "tubes" of Arko shave soap

...SNIP...
What a man! Bulk buying!!:lol:
BTW, what other DE blades do you use Howard? I would like to hear your unvarnished appraisal of this latest phenomenal blade. I am just unwilling to spend as much on postage as the item for the Swedish Gillettes at auravita..

Hi Ron -

I basically have this "issue" where I buy multiples of just about everything (save shaving brushes, at least).

I use Feather Platinums 99% of the time. Frankly, I have been getting a bit of irritation lately and am wanting to "dip my toe in the water" and see what else is out there.

This morning my shave with the Schick blade was not too bad. Not wonderful, but not as overtly aggressive as the Feathers. I'm going to try Merkurs for a few days, and then the Swede blades - I'll be happy to opine on the results of each one when the time comes.

Reading my last post - I look as if I'm a Corey disciple... Trust me, coincidence ONLY! :lol:

Top Bottom