What's new

Acquisitions Monday December 11th-Sunday December 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still so proud of my GIGANTIC haul this week, I just found 2 more things, a sample of Penhaligon's Quercus, and a sample of Floris! Man, I'm going to be shaving and smelling like a king for literally years to come!!!!

Jeff

The postman delivereth:
1,2,3. QEDman Vetiver, Fresh Limes, and B&B Shave Soaps
4. T&H 1805 Shave Cream
5. QED DaVinci Water
6. 1 lb French Green Clay (looks more brown than green to me)
7. Yin Zheng Bai Hao Jasmine Silver Needles Tea

I guess this is what SWMBO gets for making the comment that I haven't bought any shaving stuff in a long time:biggrin:

had a shaver's dream kind of day.

went over to tjmaxx and found some good stuff finally...
a caswell-massey 1752 almond gift set (preshave oil, cream, asb)
zirh edt
pecksniff's citrus edt
and another C&E sweet almond oil tub

CVS was right next door and I picked up some pinaud clubman and cornhusker's lotion....

and on the other side was this small antiques shop, so i headed over there...

what do I find? none other than a fatboy and an as-yet unidentified british gillette both for only $9.

:thumbup:

had a shaver's dream kind of day.

went over to tjmaxx and found some good stuff finally...
a caswell-massey 1752 almond gift set (preshave oil, cream, asb)
zirh edt
pecksniff's citrus edt
and another C&E sweet almond oil tub

CVS was right next door and I picked up some pinaud clubman and cornhusker's lotion....

and on the other side was this small antiques shop, so i headed over there...

what do I find? none other than a fatboy and an as-yet unidentified british gillette both for only $9.

:thumbup:

Nice!!!!:thumbup1:

From the antique store:

full

The top one is a Boker and the bottom one is a Wade & Butcher. These were bought to practice stropping/honing. Unfortunately, while attempting to sterilize the Boker blade in hot water I managed to warp the scales and the blade now touches the scales when closing unless I am really really careful. Oh well, live and learn I suppose. If I manage to get it shave sharp I may look into getting it re-scaled.

The Wade & Butcher has the numbers 288 on the scales. Does anybody have any idea what that means?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shay, I'm no expert, but the Boker looks to have some serious hone wear. Use it to try and practice your honing, but don't worry about rescaling it. Also DON'T boil your straight razors. Get some Clippercide to spray on to the razors. Thats about all you'll need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom