What's new

Acquisitions March 2 - 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
A short while back I was needling a member about having two of the same razor. I jokingly asked him why he needed two of these wonderful pieces of Gillette craftsmanship and history, when some of us didn't even have one.

Well, this proves what a superb forum this really is. Shortly afterward, said member sent me a private message. He hadn't really meant to get both razors; he had bid on two and had simply won both auctions- something he hadn't planned on. Well, to make a long story short, he offered one to me. The one in the best condition. Needless to say I jumped at the chance, having wanted one of these guys ever since I found out they existed.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Obviously this isn't a mint or faultless specimen, but I am extremely happy to actually own one now. And I really can't wait to use it. Funny that I am getting this before acquiring a standard Fatboy.

Oh...and the member was Slage...or was is RockerSlagg?

Oh I remember...SlagleRock.

You are the best Rob. This puppy traveled a long way from Japan to my door here in PA. I cannot tell you how proud I am to be a member of a forum with members as thoughtful, selfless and generous as you are.

Cheers my friend.

I'm glad it made the long trek safely. It is a great razor. I love mine and won't ever part with the one I have left even if someday I find one NOS! :lol:

very very nice - I guess I'd take one of those w/out a case, too!

and a great gesture of B&B (bro-hood & bonhomie)....

congrats to both of you!

Thank you Sir!

Lucky you!

I order something new every week....part of my hobby I guess. I try to keep it to $20 bucks in order to keep the impact low on the wallet.

I usually fail at this. I want to buy Penhaligon's BB AS next. Thats $85 bucks

V

VR6ofpain

Obviously this isn't a mint or faultless specimen, but I am extremely happy to actually own one now. And I really can't wait to use it. Funny that I am getting this before acquiring a standard Fatboy.
I may get flamed here, but if you boil it, you will remove the rest of the lacquer on the razor (darker red areas). This will give the razor a more uniform color/finish. I did it to an Aristocrat I used to have. The razor look far better without the spots of lacquer.

Here was the results (it looked like your toggle when I got it):

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This weeks goodies include a 2006 B&B LE in Ebony, 2 NEW's, 100 Derby Blades. The Butterscotch colored Made Rite (restored and re-knotted in silvertip) I've had for a little while but never posted pics.

Flames inc!

Kidding, I think that is a fine looking Aristocrat...might try that on a couple of my ugly golds :)

SlageRock, I just realized that you have to have all this stuff shipped to the Land of the Rising Sun. How bad are your shipping costs!!:confused:

SlageRock, I just realized that you have to have all this stuff shipped to the Land of the Rising Sun. How bad are your shipping costs!!:confused:

Not to mention the arrival time. That takes some serious patience indeed I would imagine.

Cheers.

New Improved Milady Decolletee :001_wub:
proxy.php

Rodd, do you mind me asking what you paid for this? The reason I ask, I know where there is one located and thought about picking it up tomorrow. The price is $45 and the antique dealer is pretty firm on it.

DL

Rodd, do you mind me asking what you paid for this? The reason I ask, I know where there is one located and thought about picking it up tomorrow. The price is $45 and the antique dealer is pretty firm on it.

DL

Sent you a PM.

Just picked up a new bottle of Old Spice AS.

I miss the old Shulton formula though....

Regards.

Jakob

New Improved Milady Decolletee :001_wub:
proxy.php

If I ever decide to make the foray into the lady Gillettes;

Do they have the same handle-splitting problem as "ours" do?

Oh...and that is a sharp-looking set. Makes me want to make that foray that I spoke of.
:biggrin:

Cheers.

Great scores everyone!

I am a little bored so I am posting what all is in transit to me.

proxy.php

Dang, Scott! Aren't you supposed to be trying to control your RAD after picking up that coronation edition razor? :wink:
I was bidding on this one too. I was a couple of dollars under your bid. I wasn't sure if anybody else had spotted this one; looks like maybe a somewhat rare French HD rocket variation? Congratulations on picking it up. I suspect it will clean up nicely (you'll have to upload some post-cleanup photos :smile:).

Dang, Scott! Aren't you supposed to be trying to control your RAD after picking up that coronation edition razor? :wink:
I was bidding on this one too. I was a couple of dollars under your bid. I wasn't sure if anybody else had spotted this one; looks like maybe a somewhat rare French HD rocket variation? Congratulations on picking it up. I suspect it will clean up nicely (you'll have to upload some post-cleanup photos :smile:).

Ah, this was before the #66 set. I'll be sure to post some pics.:001_smile

I picked up a date code 'L' Super Speed off eBay for less than $10 including shipping :biggrin:

Also the UPS guy just dropped off a new Tabac in a bowl, and I picked up some Clubman AS yesterday... Also got some PdP SS on the way...

This is turning into a spendy hobby :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom