What's new

Acquisitions for March 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking around town with the wifey today. Already had the cat, but she wanted to pose for the picture.

$goodies.jpg

-Joe

Reminds me of my sister's Maine Coon cat. That thing is about 20 pounds, well over a foot long and pretty fat. If you pick that thing up to pet it you have quite a handful.

Gorgeous razor you got there, Blooze. I missed my chance at a single ring just before Christmas, and was kicking myself when the sales clerk told me it had sold a couple of weeks later.

Waiting on my acquisitions for the month, courtesy of Bullgoose Shaving:

Merkur Futur
25 Astra SP's
DR Harris Marlborough Shave Cream
Edwin Jagger Medium in Best

I finally have a camera, so expect pictures when my goodies arrive!

Well I don't have any super cool old stuff which makes everyone swoon (and for good reason) but this arrived via FedEx yesterday straight from Wendelstein Germany:
$P1010104.jpg

Shavemac 44140 Silvertip with Black and Chrome handle.

At an antique fair today, I snagged a gold fatboy, dated D3, and a Williams shave stick container from 1917, complete with soap!

I have just won a Valet auto strop on E bay cased with all the pieces looks fantastic , and I brought a stainless steel shaving mug from a local charity shop for £3 had a good day.

Very nice! I got one this weekend too, but the top plate is quite pitted. Its interesting that yours has a number running down the interior part of the handle. Mine just has a patent number circling the top of of the same piece.

Found my first single ring last week. Came in a box, but it was completely tattered.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Very nice! I got one this weekend too, but the top plate is quite pitted. Its interesting that yours has a number running down the interior part of the handle. Mine just has a patent number circling the top of of the same piece.

I'll defer to the experts here, but do Big Fellows look similar without the date codes? The date code on mine according to the wiki puts it at 1908.

Got a pic or two?

Yeah,, last month I picked up two in the wild. One has no markings at all, and the other has the Nov. stamping on the barrel. One is in silver the other is in gold. Thought they were decent at $10.00 ea.

I posted more individual shots and lists of my score tonight in the Straight Razor section listed as " SRAD, Bakers Dozen" if you would like to see a breakdown. That one in the Marbled case is very interesting I think. I never saw a razor that the scale was part of the case. And that one W&B is pretty hefty at 9/8 + some other interesting and possibly rare pieces.

just stopped by an antique store here in town and picked up :
ASR 1914
GEM Contour
GEM G-Bar
Gillette NEW Ball Handle
Gillette Super Speed
Valet Autostrop

all are uncased, but for $5 each was hard to pass up :)

Last edited:
From the 'Bay: A-4 Red Tip, Ever-Ready 100T Brush that's going to be my first restore project, an Old Spice Mug, and a half-bottle of Old Spice. Paid $30 + shipping. Considering that some Red Tips were going for $30 alone, I consider this a good deal.

$IMG_0059.jpg

I just received FIVE Gillette Slimtwists, still in their original packaging. They're made in England, but I bought them from a guy in Greece. One of the packages has the top part snipped off, but the other four look like this one.
$IMG_0229.jpg$IMG_0234.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom