What's new

Acquisitions For July 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
B&B Essentials arrived today, can't wait to lather up one of them. Is it wrong to want to make lather at 11pm?

Ok, so while I can't comment on what kind of razor this is or help in any way, I will bump your thread. I do this because I just received one of these from my grandmother (I believe it used to be either her fathers, or her grandfathers.) Mine is also in good shape, probably from being in the case.
the design of my case appears to be exactly like yours, only mine is black on the outside, and has fabric on the inside. Mine also came with a second open comb plate, so there's 2 open comb plates in my set. Mine only says "MADE IN GERMANY", so thanx for helping out with a manufacturer. I found this thread through a google search, so hopefully someone else will be able to shed some light on this little gem. I personally can't wait to get mine all cleaned up, and shave with it. (the heads on mine are perfect, the smaller part of the handle is perfect (because it was sitting inside the bigger portion), but the larger portion of my handle is a little tarnished and will need to be polished to make it all nice again.

I'll keep doing research, and try to figure out more about this piece.

SCBoch

I can't wait, I have mine on the way and should be a few more day's before it arrives!

A fantastic brush, nice and soft straight out the box.
The only brush that hasn't undergone a week of test lathers before using, lathered up some Tabac and away I went.

Yeeeaa! Finally a Gillette brush.:thumbup: Ok, not on the caliber as Mar1966 has in his display but hey, have to start small. Nice travel brush.

Attachments

• $IMG_20130730_190150_214.jpg
    $IMG_20130730_190150_214.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 149
  • $IMG_20130730_190132_615.jpg
    $IMG_20130730_190132_615.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 151
$_DSC1126.jpg
Klar's Gentlemen's Soap
Cella
Cyril R. Salter Almond cream
Alpa Fougere EdC
Mitchell's bath and shave soap
TOBS Sandlewood cream
Klar's Lavender soap
Ogallala Bay Rum & Sweet Orange shave soap
Speick body soap

I have this razor. It is in fact a Hoffritz Travel Razor. I believe they made a travel slant as well. I've been looking for a while now but I still haven't found one.

I just acquired one of these at a local antique store. Mine has green felt on the inside and both the razor and the box are stamped "Made in Getmany" and have a maker 's mark that looks like a P with some sort of squiggle or crown on top of it.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 106
Someone in Solingen (likely Merkur) was churning these things out like crazy and stamping them with all kinds of different names, if at all. I've got a Hoffritz version too. There's also a Merkur one, one that says just "Made in Germany," and some that say nothing at all. AFAIK, they're all identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom