What's new

Acquisitions for August 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
August was a good month for me! Not so good for my bank account... Spent some time in Spain and France sampling all the food and wine that I could. While in Paris, my wife bought me a Plisson brush for our anniversary!!! Also bought both unscented and scented MDC along with a tin of shave soap made with donkey milk...(couldn't resist that one) Also couldn't resist the L'Occitane shop and the shave soap with the cool metal bowl. I haven't tried the donkey goo soap yet but the MDC and L'Occitane are fantastic soaps!

The Plisson is an instant favorite at creating easy mounds of creamy lather. I know Plissons are expensive but when I factor in the fact that my wife picked it out for me while the two of us were in Paris makes it a lifetime treat for me every time I use it and worth every penny/Euro of the "too much" money that she spent on it!!! Some things to me are just worth it! Trip of a lifetime spent with a very special person!!

A little less than 2 weeks after coming home, I have a birthday and my M&F Chief brush shows up in the mailbox a day later! All I can say about this brush is Holy Heck!!! It wasted no time pushing all but the Plisson out of my rotation! Pretty sad state of affairs when all I have to use while my Chief dries out is my Plisson...

In sticking with the whole donkey/animal theme from above, I should mention that my kids gave me a large vessel of Buffalo Trace bourbon. Probably shouldn't shave with it but it sure makes a mean Old Fashion!!!

Did I mention that August has been a good month for me???

$August.jpg
I hope August never ends!!!

My first DE razor arrived tonight! A 40's super speed. Based on the info I've scrounged around the site, it appears to be either a 48 or a 49.

Definitely a little dirty, but operates perfectly.

After following instructions on the site, I was very pleased with the results:

Looking forward to enjoying my first DE shave tomorrow morning!

My 35 Blade Sample pack came today! Yay. And after Work I ran back to Antique Mall to score a '66 Slim for a co-worker (may e he won't want it!) lol. Also picked up a New Blue Blade 20 Pack from 1961, a Good condition Plastic Blue Blade dispenser or 1954 with what looks like about 3 blades left (none in used side,), and a Sweet Avon aftershave from the 70's. a CB Mic that's close to full with Wild Country Scent. (Smells like my grandpa in the 80's).

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 303
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 300
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 304
That's Awesome. My Girlfriend hasn't wrapped her head around my New Obsession with Vintage DE shaving yet. I told her I wanted to get her that same razor you have there for her to Use... I'm sure she'd change her Tune if she tried it. Lol. Well we can hope at least. :biggrin1:

The good stuff! There are more Lemon pucks at the Boca Raton AOS. The Sandalwood are veggie pucks. I didn't spy the other flavors...

Finally snagged a Fatboy on the BST. I had missed about 3 or 4 that I had tried to get because they just sell so fast. I was second in line for this one and lucky for me I got it. I believe I have satiated the RAD for a while now (8 razors this month).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom