What's new

Abbate y la Mantia: Citrus Hard Soaps

Has anyone tried any of the three soaps in this line:

1. Agrumi di Calabria
2. Agrumi di Sicilia
3. Agrumi di Toscana
4. The matching aftershave.

I tend toward citrus, classic barbershop scents (e.g. B&M Seville, Cool, Myrsol F/Extra, Colonia).

What are your thoughts? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best,
DW.

1696180324874.png

AYLM has improved the formula across the entire old line, going from a cream to a hard soap
This line is the least performing, with the lowest quality of foam... the fragrances remain excellent, I confirm

I’ve got these and the soap performs superbly for me. It lathers fast, I get a thick, creamy lather, and it has excellent slickness without leaving a stubborn film on my face. These scents are excellent too - refined and high-quality, and focused on the citrus rather than trying to be cologney. The Verbena and Neroli are my favourites. At the moment I’m using these all the time.

I have soft water in my house, in case that makes a difference.

I haven’t tried any of their other hard soaps so I can’t confirm Mr. Dundee’s finding that the other AYLM offerings perform even better. But this intrigues me because I really used to enjoy the scent of Fufluns.

I’ve got these and the soap performs superbly for me. It lathers fast, I get a thick, creamy lather, and it has excellent slickness without leaving a stubborn film on my face. These scents are excellent too - refined and high-quality, and focused on the citrus rather than trying to be cologney. The Verbena and Neroli are my favourites. At the moment I’m using these all the time.

I have soft water in my house, in case that makes a difference.

I haven’t tried any of their other hard soaps so I can’t confirm Mr. Dundee’s finding that the other AYLM offerings perform even better. But this intrigues me because I really used to enjoy the scent of Fufluns.
AYLM has made this Orange line which, I repeat, is not bad in fact... I'm just saying that if you buy the new "funflus" hard soaps for example they are a tad better performing in terms of foam quality.
I didn't mean to say that I'm bad, I hope I didn't misunderstand, sorry
All the new soap lines are great, next level for me

AYLM has made this Orange line which, I repeat, is not bad in fact... I'm just saying that if you buy the new "funflus" hard soaps for example they are a tad better performing in terms of foam quality.
I didn't mean to say that I'm bad, I hope I didn't misunderstand, sorry
All the new soap lines are great, next level for me
That’s great to hear, and thanks for clarifying. Based on how much I’ve liked the citrus soaps, with what you report I’m definitely going to get some others of the new AYLM hard pucks in my preferred scents. If they are better than I’d certainly agree they are next level vegan soaps.

I’m glad this thread came up because I’ve been meaning to say something about the new AYLM pucks. I’m very impressed with the performance.

That’s great to hear, and thanks for clarifying. Based on how much I’ve liked the citrus soaps, with what you report I’m definitely going to get some others of the new AYLM hard pucks in my preferred scents. If they are better than I’d certainly agree they are next level vegan soaps.

I’m glad this thread came up because I’ve been meaning to say something about the new AYLM pucks. I’m very impressed with the performance.
Mr. Shavington, I am Italian, I purchased and used AYLM from its very first productions at the time, they were made in TFS Turin, then it started its own saponification with soap creams, and then changed and started making hard soap as now
AYLM hard soaps are truly excellent soaps with non-commercial and refined fragrances, this is the spirit of the company
I advise you to take Funflus again which you really liked as a fragrance and try the new performances
Thank you for your kindness Sir

Hello, gents,

Used the Toscana tonight followed by the Citrus Accord. The Toscana was very nice.The lather was not as thick as say, Myrsol F Extra or similar (e.g. B&M Omnibus), but quite good. The puck was so nice, decided to use a tip I saw on the Internet. Instead of lathering with my brush, I rubbed the puck on my face, like a pre shave, then lathered with the brush. The packaging and the tin are first-rate. Very classy. Overall, the feeling is very top tier. This is my first Abbate y la Mantia experience.

The Toscana is candied lemon, for sure. The aftershave is quite a nice complement.

So far, thumbs up.

DW.

Hello, gents,

Used the Toscana tonight followed by the Citrus Accord. The Toscana was very nice.The lather was not as thick as say, Myrsol F Extra or similar (e.g. B&M Omnibus), but quite good. The puck was so nice, decided to use a tip I saw on the Internet. Instead of lathering with my brush, I rubbed the puck on my face, like a pre shave, then lathered with the brush. The packaging and the tin are first-rate. Very classy. Overall, the feeling is very top tier. This is my first Abbate y la Mantia experience.

The Toscana is candied lemon, for sure. The aftershave is quite a nice complement.

So far, thumbs up.

DW.
Are you sure you picked up the right amount with the brush? did you put hot water in the soap for a few minutes? when you pick up with the brush you have to make plenty of turns on the soap and you have to start with the brush almost completely empty of water
I hope I made myself understood

Hi! Perhaps I did not explain correctly. Apologies.

No, because I did not want to ruin the embossing of the AYLM, I decided to apply the puck to my (hydrated) face. Then I used my brush to lather my face. Never did that before, but worked well. After the first pass, I used the remaining soap on the brush and worked up a lather in my bowl. :)

You can see an example here:

DW.

No, because I did not want to ruin the embossing of the AYLM, I decided to apply the puck to my (hydrated) face. Then I used my brush to lather my face. Never did that before, but worked well. After the first pass, I used the remaining soap on the brush and worked up a lather in my bowl. :)

DW.
Yes, of course... no excuses needed! I understood about the stick type soap on the face
The important thing for you is that you were satisfied
Happy Shaves :thumbup:

DW.
I do the same thing just to keep the puck looking new. I think it's easier to use this way too. You keep your hands fairly clean and dry. It's pretty much like a shave stick. Makes a better looking SOTD pic. 📸:clown:

I tried the Sicila recently and the Toscana again last night. Both are quite good. The Sicila reminds me of Jasmin. Overall, both soaps are great and the accord scent are wonderful. I would be curious to try the Calabria.

Cheers,
DW.

Top Bottom