What's new

A Year of PIFs….. May (Fragrance) Edition

I respectfully desire to be included for consideration in this generous offering.
I suggest Aramis based on similar notes to some of your favorites.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
You da man, Mr Vez. I'd love to be in on this. As you know, I'm addicted to vintage Avon, and have limited exposure to most other scents. But I do recommend one that, alas, is no longer being made. It was Wild Country Outback. Really miss that one. But I suppose you have a gallon of that one stored away. Am I correct?

I suggest Aramis based on similar notes to some of your favorites.
I have Aramis aftershave, and that is absolutely NOT what I am looking for. I really don't like that stuff. (no worries, though, you're still in for the PIF, LOL)

It was Wild Country Outback. Really miss that one. But I suppose you have a gallon of that one stored away. Am I correct?
You stumped me. I've never heard of that. Upon looking is a much more recent scent, and I only dabble in the very vintage stuff. Sounds like something I do need to try though!

I have Aramis aftershave, and that is absolutely NOT what I am looking for. I really don't like that stuff. (no worries, though, you're still in for the PIF, LOL)

You stumped me. I've never heard of that. Upon looking is a much more recent scent, and I only dabble in the very vintage stuff. Sounds like something I do need to try though!

Isn’t Wild Country an unobtainium Avon scent?

Isn’t Wild Country an unobtainium Avon scent?

Wild Country is more plentiful than pucks of Williams! Every antique store in America has at least a few bottles of it (it seems like it at least).

Sent from the Spider Phone

another Guerlain product I like is Habit Rouge. It goes on with a very citrusy smell, but dries into a leather and dirt smell that I find appealing. if you like really floral, Bois du Portugal is nice and lasts all day with almost the same profile it went on with.

Well, I am a veteran, and I am intrigued by some of these, but sadly I am not in . . . I’ve just gotten too much good stuff via PIF and haven’t PIFed enough out myself.

But, I must say KJ, even though it ain’t vintage, if you haven’t spritzed yourself with Ghost Town Barber EdP, you don’t know addictive a fragrance can be . . .

Last edited:
Not in, but awesome PIF. Not a cologne, but have you tried Ogagalla Bay Rum(I'd recommend Orange or Vanilla)? Aftershaves, tend to last me most the day and are as strong as most fragrances I own.

Not in, but awesome PIF. Not a cologne, but have you tried Ogagalla Bay Rum(I'd recommend Orange or Vanilla)? Aftershaves, tend to last me most the day and are as strong as most fragrances I own.

On that same note, the splashes from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements tends to have some good staying power for me.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

I’ll keep this open through the weekend, will draw winner on Monday.

Sent from the Spider Phone

Sorry for the delay. Work kicked my butt today and this is the first chance I've had to sit down at my desk all day.

You da man, Mr Vez. I'd love to be in on this
Random # Generator has spoken, and Dave, you're it!

PM me your address please.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Unbelievable! Wow. Just wow. You have made my month, Mr. Vez. Thank you so much, my brother.

Top Bottom