What's new

A two-fer day.

Yesterday I posted the shaft on this Anchor Brand as a start for the razors beginning in A. I figured while I still had the acid out from my etching I might as well re-do it. Blade came out well. Sanded the tang and it took the acid well turning it nicely black again. And the bone scales look decent.
“Mangsnese Steel” lives again.
The Joseph Elliot’s “Best Silver Steel” always looked neat for some reason Maybe just the name Rangoon intrigued me. Whatever. Broke it down. Usual blade prep. Sanded up and polished the horn scales ( each scale has half the wedge cut into it. No wedge required. And call it done.
IMG_2485.jpeg
IMG_2487.jpeg
IMG_2486.jpeg
IMG_2488.jpeg
IMG_2493.jpeg
IMG_2495.jpeg

And the Elliot. Cleaned up well. Scales came out looking pretty good. One scale was badly warped not letting the razor to close. Way off center. Took care of that easily enough.

Nice luster. The two blue slashes are 8’ lights on the ceiling and the white oval is a swing arm lamp and bulb. There have been times , depending on the scale shape I can read the wattage of the bulb in the scale. I’ve never used neatsfoot oil on a horn scale. Will never use oil on any of my razors in any form period.
I like it!
IMG_2477.jpeg
IMG_2476.jpeg
IMG_2479.jpeg
IMG_2481.jpeg
IMG_2482.jpeg
IMG_2484.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom