What's new

A challenge for Joel

heh, paying you involves me owning that blade at razor sharpness. I'd be far, far too tempted to shave with it. Talk about a shaving cut.

Jokes aside, there was a dude on SRP who bought and honed a $0.20 butter knife and had it popping arm hair...

4-3/4" eh? that makes it a 27/8 blade. Very "wedgy". I'd shave with it and post a video if someone wants to buy it for me.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
So, Joel. The guy who can hone anything...bwahaha...I challenge you to hone...THIS!!!! http://www.galasource.com/prodDetail.cfm/64822

Heh, it came up as a joke in a post. Figured I'd share it.

I posted that originally. It's the Town Food Service thin slicer. It's a giant, but it's quite easy to sharpen. It's also a very nice entry level cleaver, but be aware that it's not stainless, so you'll have to learn how to care for a carbon knife.

It's recommended by the rather vulgar Grocery Guy.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
If you go back to Joel's SOTD dated September 23, 2007 this was what he used. ( With a Conk Bay Rum, I believe.) :wink:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Jokes aside, there was a dude on SRP who bought and honed a $0.20 butter knife and had it popping arm hair...

4-3/4" eh? that makes it a 27/8 blade. Very "wedgy". I'd shave with it and post a video if someone wants to buy it for me.

Somebody flunked math. :lol:

The odd part is right, but it should be 35/8 instead of 27/8, no?

No sir. If you divide 35/8 you get 4.38 - so in that figure, it would be a 4.38" blade, however it is a 4.75" blade. Since it is X/8 the 3/4 must be converted to a 6/8 - which is the same size, just in eights of inches instead of quarters of inches. As a result, a 4-3/4 blade would be 4(inches) time 8 (eights of inches) = 32/8 + 6/8 = 38/8.

If you take 38 and divide it by 8, you'll get 4.75" - which is the correct mathematical expression.

Hope this helps :smile:

The really sad part is that you got it wrong the second time-

it's a 38/8'er. :lol:

Tru Dat...
My excuse is I'm in the middle of finals and can't spare the brain power for an online forum for vintage razor users.
That, and I'm what you'd call a scatterbrain. I have a GPA of 3.75 but if you look back at all my posts, a great number of them have typos and spelling errors.

On that note, thank the good lord for spellcheck, excel and AutoCAD. Without which I could never spell, add or draw.

Top Bottom