What's new

6.5 Grendel

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I personally want a luminated reticle that is a little more sophisticated than a duplex for precision holdovers, given the ballistics of the 6.5 Grendel.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I must have been tired, "an illuminated".

I was checking out the sightmark Wraith the other day. Surprisingly light compared to other night vision and thermal optics. 8 different reticles in green or red to choose from including a BDC. 4x32x50 I think.

OkieStubble

Upper receiver, BCG, forearm and gas tube ordered. Unfortunately, Wilson Combat is not having a Memorial Day sale on their barrels, so that one will have to wait, but not for long!

Lol’d. I enabled you just by starting this thread! ;)

OkieStubble

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Memorial Day sales are sucking me in, might have to get some parts for a 16 in. barreled 6.5 G upper.

Me, too - went for a Vortex red dot. 🤔 I really hope whatever coatings are minimal in terms of light transmission. Why I almost always prefer a low power scope with lighted reticle. I've gotta see in the dark.

AA

OkieStubble

I think you have earned a lifetime discount, but that's just me. YMMV. So, with the discount, that is close to the cost of the rifle. Also a great price for FFP.

I think combat veterans have earned a lifetime ‘tax exempt’ status, along with the widows of the fallen, but they don’t get that either.

It was just a job they paid me for. If they wouldn’t have paid me, I wouldn’t have done it. ;)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well even without a LEO discount, EuroOptics price for the Vortex is $850ish, so once you upgrade the other aspects of the Ruger, it will be more than the scope.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I went ahead and Back Ordered the Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2-10x32 MOA version. No idea how long it will take to get here. No worries, worth it to get in on the sale price.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Sorry to hijack your thread @OkieStubble, but it will be interesting to see if the Vortex Viper PST is daylight visible as compared to the much higher priced Razor and the similarly priced (with Mil discount) Sheppard LVPO that I have used with my other builds. Different reticles by far, but it seems that some reviewers have used them for CQB / three gun type (competition) engagements.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

Sorry to hijack your thread @OkieStubble, but it will be interesting to see if the Vortex Viper PST is daylight visible as compared to the much higher priced Razor and the similarly priced (with Mil discount) Sheppard LVPO that I have used with my other builds. Different reticles by far, but it seems that some reviewers have used them for CQB / three gun type (competition) engagements.

The glass on top of my short,lightweight and handy Scout rifle, is a very important piece and accessory, so not a hijack at all. :)

OkieStubble

I hate waiting on gun stuff. And I’mtalkin’, the Bamboo shiv’s under the fingernails kinda hate. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have a compact Burris scope with a simple Duplex reticle already in a LaRue QD mount that I could use short term until the Viper PST comes in. So waiting on a scope won't prevent me from trying out the build once assembled. I have to wait a bit to order the Wilson barrel anyways.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Actually, I got shipping notification on the Viper PST 1-10x32 scope that CS said could be months away. I haven't even ordered my barrel yet!

Top Bottom