What's new

$500 for a NOS Viking set?

I stumbled upon this eBay listing for a new old stock Dr. Grabow Viking three bowl box
ResizedImage_2023-11-13_07-30-33_1868.jpg
set.

Vintage ONS 1974 Dr. Grabow Pipe Set 2 Extra Bowls With Tags & Case *LOOK* | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/204519344568

I'm not buying any pipe in that price range, but I have to wonder: Is anyone? That seems like a lot of money for what it is. But I'm not a collector.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
"Or best offer".

If you're interested, make him an offer ... considerably lower than $500.

Ebay's like the wild west. Sellers can demand the moon, but will take what they can get.

This seller has a feedback score of 0. Keep that in mind as well.

"Or best offer".

If you're interested, make him an offer ... considerably lower than $500.

Ebay's like the wild west. Sellers can demand the moon, but will take what they can get.

This seller has a feedback score of 0. Keep that in mind as well.
I put it on my watch list out of curiosity.

I have been buying and selling on eBay for a very long time, one year I had about $10k in sales when I inherited a pile of stuff.

That 0 feedback doesn't necessarily mean much since eBay will give a buyer the money back without bothering to verify the reason for the claim. Which is great for the buyers but sucks for the sellers. In my experience it doesn't happen very often, but when it does it can make the item a loss because it's going to cost more than the item is worth to get it back and sold again.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I put it on my watch list out of curiosity.

I have been buying and selling on eBay for a very long time, one year I had about $10k in sales when I inherited a pile of stuff.

That 0 feedback doesn't necessarily mean much since eBay will give a buyer the money back without bothering to verify the reason for the claim. Which is great for the buyers but sucks for the sellers. In my experience it doesn't happen very often, but when it does it can make the item a loss because it's going to cost more than the item is worth to get it back and sold again.
I mention the feedback score only because it may be revealing of the seller. Ebay has always been very pro buyer, because that’s who brings the money.

It may be a novice seller, with all that implies. Or it may be a particularly unscrupulous one that changes or uses many IDs.

I suspect the former, and that he is asking far more than the item is worth out of inexperience. That presents an opportunity for more effective haggling for a sincere buyer.

Top Bottom