What's new

INFO! 2024 Rudy Vey B&B GROUP BUY!!

Got mine yesterday, will use it tomorrow AM. Growing the B&B brush collection. Thanks Rudy!

Attachments

• IMG_1054.jpeg
    IMG_1054.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 32

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Just Curious. is there an Export Ban on badger from the US?
since outside the US was limited to Boar or synth
If one follows the laws, one needs an import/export license to buy badger hair products and also to sell them. There is a fee involved, about $100 for each buy/sale - even if it only one item, but so far no one was willing to pay this. Myself and a few other brush makers here follow the laws, other may not.

If one follows the laws, one needs an import/export license to buy badger hair products and also to sell them. There is a fee involved, about $100 for each buy/sale - even if it only one item, but so far no one was willing to pay this. Myself and a few other brush makers here follow the laws, other may not.
good to know

I guess that makes the Badger Brush selling market For the US pretty Much Domestic.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
good to know

I guess that makes the Badger Brush selling market For the US pretty Much Domestic.
@Rudy Vey can correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure the export fee is per package, not per brush so if you were able to get say 10 people to purchase a brush the fee would only be about $9 per person. You’d probably have to have someone receive the package then send each brush on its way to its owner which adds a layer of trust and complexity to the order, but it’s doable.

Rudy Vey

@Rudy Vey can correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure the export fee is per package, not per brush so if you were able to get say 10 people to purchase a brush the fee would only be about $9 per person. You’d probably have to have someone receive the package then send each brush on its way to its owner which adds a layer of trust and complexity to the order, but it’s doable.
This is correct, but I do not sell 10 brushes at a time to one customer. Normally, my customers buy one at a time, and for the group buy we had four going overseas, but each to a different country. Best would be if they have a forwarder here in the US (Whisky???) or any other volunteer??

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
This is correct, but I do not sell 10 brushes at a time to one customer. Normally, my customers buy one at a time, and for the group buy we had four going overseas, but each to a different country. Best would be if they have a forwarder here in the US (Whisky???) or any other volunteer??
So does the fee/inspection only occur if it’s being shipped from a buisness and not an individuall.

My mistura arrived in the mail yesterday, and I used it for the first time this morning.

All the good things I have read about the mistura knot have proven to be true. It performs much like my Simpson Duke 3 in Pure, which is one of my best performing knots.

Rudy's handle and overall craftsmanship, as always, is absolute perfection.

Thank you to all who made this group buy work!

Mr. Shavington

Knows Hot Turkish Toilets
My Rudolf boar arrived this morning. It’s as lovely in-hand as I imagined it to be. Great handle shape, great material, executed perfectly. Really nice work. And the free pen was an unexpected bonus - a beautifully made item by itself and, as a pen guy, I can appreciate all the details like the way the clip operates, that show Rudy cares about what he makes.

Never had a Rudolf before, being outside the US and subject to US export obstacles. I can see now why you all love his stuff so much here.

Many thanks, @Rudy Vey. I’m super happy with this.

5E74A03A-D7B8-4F7D-B8BD-2B587AC907B1.jpeg

IMG_4203.jpg

Just received it! The handle is indeed fabulous, excellent weight, shape, balance and surface finish.

The tracking number basically never appeared in USPS system, fortunately it still arrived safe and sound. Sorry that I didn't noticed international shipping is a vast minority and caused these hassles, I'll use a package forward service next time. (and that also mean I can buy a brush with mistura knot :letterk1:)

Rudy Vey

View attachment 1849642

Just received it! The handle is indeed fabulous, excellent weight, shape, balance and surface finish.

The tracking number basically never appeared in USPS system, fortunately it still arrived safe and sound. Sorry that I didn't noticed international shipping is a vast minority and caused these hassles, I'll use a package forward service next time. (and that also mean I can buy a brush with mistura knot :letterk1:)
...or a badger....Glad it made it. I agree, the tracking via the customs number is often not updated at all. But any shipment with tracking feature is very expensive, I think only Global Express allows an up-to-date tracking.

Top Bottom