What's new

20% off at P&C

Well, the good news is that I saved $43. My wife might even forgive me at some point, so I guess that's good news too.

10 tins of Escudo, 10 tins of Golden Sliced, and one of the big boy tins of Plum Pudding. Good for the cellar, bad for the checkbook.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
With all the money you gents are saving, I expect to see some pipes coming your way too! :lol:

Gotta ask... what makes em so popular?

Escudo is one of those tobaccos that is good fresh, but absolutely amazing with a few years on it. This is a Virginia Perique blend rolled and cut into coins. The center of the coin is a plug of Perique.

Now the amazing part. Most Virginias and Virginia/Perique blends tend to be best between 7 and 10 years old. Escudo on the other hand starts to mature at a much faster rate. Even after a year you can notice the difference. If it has three to five years on it, it gets incredible!

This is why when buying Escudo, we tend to go Bat **** Crazy and get a ton of it. If you haven't experience a well aged Escudo, you are truly missing out a slice of Heaven. (pun intended)

Gotta ask... what makes em so popular?

Escudo is one of those tobaccos that is good fresh, but absolutely amazing with a few years on it. This is a Virginia Perique blend rolled and cut into coins. The center of the coin is a plug of Perique.

Now the amazing part. Most Virginias and Virginia/Perique blends tend to be best between 7 and 10 years old. Escudo on the other hand starts to mature at a much faster rate. Even after a year you can notice the difference. If it has three to five years on it, it gets incredible!

This is why when buying Escudo, we tend to go Bat **** Crazy and get a ton of it. If you haven't experience a well aged Escudo, you are truly missing out a slice of Heaven. (pun intended)

What Bill said.

Thanks for the clarification! Now I'm gonna have to get my hands on some. Im thinking what Tom Petty said will hold true.

I'm glad you guys are saving so much. :lol:

I saved a measly $25 last week - I'm trying not to save any more so that I can really​ save at the Vegas pipe show.

I am taking November off from saving. I can't save any more money around here. It costs way too much to save money at the BL.

I am taking November off from saving. I can't save any more money around here. It costs way too much to save money at the BL.
I am actually thinking about not saving anything in 2017 - well...with some very liberal exceptions. I'm going to try to limit my savings to IPSD, March Madness, next year's LE, and...um...anything else that I decide I can't live without.

I am actually thinking about not saving anything in 2017 - well...with some very liberal exceptions. I'm going to try to limit my savings to IPSD, March Madness, next year's LE, and...um...anything else that I decide I can't live without.

I'll start worrying about not saving after 2018. :lol:

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I had received a couple of coupon codes near the end of September. I'll just say that I've saved a lot. :blushing: Not to mention the free stuff I got and what I saved through Smoking Pipes as well!

Top Bottom