What's new

2 fold Atelier Durdan La Faulx question.

1) Do you guys know if the Titanium version is a smoother shaver? In my searches most just go standard version. It’s a hefty price tag going titanium and polished version.

2) does the razor ever go on sale around the holiday season?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have the premium polish bronze Classic base plate model. It is a thing of beauty and shaves even better than it looks, if that is possible. @Mr. Shavington has copper and stainless steel models. I don’t know about the titanium offering.

I have the premium polish bronze Classic base plate model. It is a thing of beauty and shaves even better than it looks, if that is possible. @Mr. Shavington has copper and stainless steel models. I don’t know about the titanium offering.
I can’t justify the price tag but I can’t stop thinking about this beautiful piece. I wish I got in on the pass around to try it out.

It’s just a little hard as the website doesn’t show the polished version concisely etc.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I can’t justify the price tag but I can’t stop thinking about this beautiful piece. I wish I got in on the pass around to try it out.

It’s just a little hard as the website doesn’t show the polished version concisely etc.
It is difficult to get the fine finish to show up on an iPhone photo. I'm a bit fussy and for me, it appears to be flawless.

I had some razors I purchased but wasn't using.... All of them good. I sold them to help fund the La Faulx..... There is no doubt it's a Very expensive razor.

RS_La Faulx 1.jpg

RS_La Faulx 2.jpg

1) Do you guys know if the Titanium version is a smoother shaver? In my searches most just go standard version. It’s a hefty price tag going titanium and polished version.

2) does the razor ever go on sale around the holiday season?

1. I thought the US pass around featured a titanium razor? We just had the satin steel to try in the Euro one.

2. He just had a sale last month for basic polished and medieval finishes, not sure if there will be more sales.

Try Instagram for more pictures?

In case anyone wants a La Faulx in steel, satin finish, classic plate, the French retailer Rasage Classique stocks them. No waiting list that way. The website is only in French, and the razor price is €300 now (I got mine from this retailer before the price increases and it was €205 then). They do ship internationally and they’re a good retailer.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
1. I thought the US pass around featured a titanium razor? We just had the satin steel to try in the Euro one.

2. He just had a sale last month for basic polished and medieval finishes, not sure if there will be more sales.

Try Instagram for more pictures?
The pass-around here on B&B was the stainless version, and it was so good it hooked me on SE's and I ordered a La Faulx right away. Just make sure you order everything....I was not aware that the razor came without a handle. My French is extremely rusty. All other razors I ever bought came with a handle.....just fyi

In case anyone wants a La Faulx in steel, satin finish, classic plate, the French retailer Rasage Classique stocks them. No waiting list that way. The website is only in French, and the razor price is €300 now (I got mine from this retailer before the price increases and it was €205 then). They do ship internationally and they’re a good retailer.

Good to know - they also stock the Vestige now

Anyone with deep pockets willing to shell out for the titanium head? Can this masterpiece shave even better if made lightweight and nimble? Inquiring minds want to know.

It is difficult to get the fine finish to show up on an iPhone photo. I'm a bit fussy and for me, it appears to be flawless.

I had some razors I purchased but wasn't using.... All of them good. I sold them to help fund the La Faulx..... There is no doubt it's a Very expensive razor.

View attachment 1744692

View attachment 1744693
My sincere congrats on the purchase of a wonderful razor! You have great taste, my friend!

Top Bottom