What's new

1912 curved top Damaskeene - where to get them?

Gents - I know this might seem a silly question, but having read the boards on the Damaskeene it seems to me that both curved and flat top (or beveled) versions are floating around, and I'm afraid of buying the wrong one online due to the lack of experience distinguishing the GEM razors.

Where do you suggest I go to get a curved top Damaskeene in good condition? I cannot seem to start a new thread in BST. Appreciate your help and have a great day!

Last edited:
You just have to hit the bricks till you find one. I only see them on eBay once in awhile.

Unless the seller doesn't know what they have and you happen on one cheap, people drive the prices up more than I would pay.

The antique shops would be your best bet till you can post on BST.

BST won't let you post till after 45 days, and 50 posts I believe.

Curved top or beveled - there isn't really much difference. All of the Damaskeenes shave well, and very similarly, you can't go wrong really. I would just watch ebay for Damaskeene razors and carefully study the photos if you really want one with a curved top.

If you want the curved (convexly concave) cover plate Damaskeene it is more common among models that are stamped Gem Cutlery Co. Though the curved cover plate is the most common among these earlier 1912 Damaskeenes there is the occasional with the bevel as well. As for where you can attain one the previous posts pretty much sum it up.

$Gem Damis Both 2.jpg

I found mine by scanning eBay for Gem razors where the photos show "Damaskeene" inside the head but for whatever reason don't mention it in the title. Some also simply list them as "Damaskeene".

There is another curved-top that has a similar head to a Damaskeene with a subtly different handle.

The easiest way is either b/s/t as a WTB ad, or save an eBay search with "Damaskeene" and see what turns up. Good luck!

Top Bottom