What's new

100 Personna Super (labs?) 12.99 free ship

nice one! these are my favorite blades, and at this price they're not much more than $8 Derbys! (which are also pretty great as far as I'm concerned)

These are not the med preps, but they are US made Personnas and shave just fine. I have been using these Personna blades as my main DE blades for a couple of months now and have been quite pleased with their performance at the price and have tried them in a number of different razors with good results. I am not sure why folks call them lab blades as the package does not say lab anywhere. To me they are just the blue wrapped US Personnas. These also do not have a inner wrapping. There is just one layer of paper wrapping the blades, so when you open the outer paper the blade is exposed. The single paper wrapping is also off kilter on quite a number of the blades, i.e. not perfectly aligned, so do not be surprised if the paper folding looks a bit funky. I have only used them for three shaves each, but I believe you may well be able to take them further. But, for ~$.04 a shave I am quite pleased and would recommend. The seller linked above was fine to deal with and shipped quickly.

Both blades are made in the same ASRC (American Safety Razor Company) factory in Verona VA.

Both blades are wrapped in the same blue paper

Both blades are packed 100 to a carton

The difference is one carton is white, the other is blue and they have different silk screening on them.

Has anyone ever put both blades under a high power microscope to see if there is a difference in the grind? I have used both blades in the same razor during the same shave (one side of the face with one, the other side with the others). I could find no difference other than the silk screening on the blade. NOW this is NOT to say that they are the same blade with different markings but I could not tell a difference between them until I took them out of the razor and looked at both.

proxy.php

Both blades are made in the same ASRC (American Safety Razor Company) factory in Verona VA.

Both blades are wrapped in the same blue paper

Both blades are packed 100 to a carton

The difference is one carton is white, the other is blue and they have different silk screening on them.

Has anyone ever put both blades under a high power microscope to see if there is a difference in the grind? I have used both blades in the same razor during the same shave (one side of the face with one, the other side with the others). I could find no difference other than the silk screening on the blade. NOW this is NOT to say that they are the same blade with different markings but I could not tell a difference between them until I took them out of the razor and looked at both.

proxy.php

THere have been numerous other threads that have gone over this ad nauseum. More than one quoted a statement from someone at Personna to the effect that the blades are manufactured under identical processes, but that the hospital blades go through an additional cleaning step for hospital use.

Thanks, I just bought 100 blades. I've only started shaving with DE razor, and have no idea how these will work for me, but at the very least i can use them for trade bait.

I recently tried these blades and they are very nice- reminds me of the Swedes that are no longer produced.

I recently tried these blades and they are very nice- reminds me of the Swedes that are no longer produced.
You are a mindreader, Jim.

I purchased 800 of these from eBay and 400 from WCS, They also remind me a lot of the Personna 74. I am of the opinion that they are the best current production blade made, period. Made in the USA, which is even better.

Top Bottom