What's new

Omega 643174 Synthetic

Item Description

My first review is also the first for this brush.

WCS Says:
Total Height: 104 mm
Loft: 56 mm
Knot: 23 mm

Price: $30 from WCS (+Tax/S&H)

Quality: Seems to be built very well. It hasn't lost any hairs just yet. Since there's no "packaging" field in the brush reviews section, it's worth mentioning that it comes with its own little stand for upside-down drying. Additionally, I kept the plastic tube it came in, which locks into the stand I just mentioned, making what I will use as a travel container for this baby! (Note that it's not airtight, as the base of the stand is just a ring, not a solid disc).

Density: Not too thick, not too fluffy. It doesn't bloom much, but it doesn't really seem to need to.

Stiffness of Tips: Not as stiff as a VDH boar brush, but stiffer than my AOS Pure Badger brush.

Softness of Tips: Here's where I was floored. This thing feels even softer than my Shavemac 23mm finest badger brush. The bristles are quite fine, and each one tapers down to an incredibly fine tip.
This brush is the definition of the "stiff yet soft" phenomenon.

Ergonomic: Feels nice and balanced in the hand, and the faceted edges help with control.
For what it's worth, the fact that the handle has corners may add to its "CLANGiness" when lathering in a small bowl. It can also get quite slippery

Latherability: Whips up cream or soap with great ease. Easy brush to "figure out". Doesn't seem to hold as much water as a badger brush, which I find to be a good thing (YMMV).

This is quickly becoming my favorite brush due to its ease of use, its interesting blend of scrubbiness and softness, and the fact that it comes packaged "travel-ready". Great value for a fantastic lather machine!

Here it is, on the left side of these pictures with my AOS pure badger brush (from their full-size starter kit), and my Shavemac #25 finest badger brush with 23mm knot.

View attachment 103230
View attachment 103231

Latest reviews

My first review is also the first for this brush.

WCS Says:
Total Height: 104 mm
Loft: 56 mm
Knot: 23 mm

Price: $30 from WCS (+Tax/S&H)

Quality: Seems to be built very well. It hasn't lost any hairs just yet. Since there's no "packaging" field in the brush reviews section, it's worth mentioning that it comes with its own little stand for upside-down drying. Additionally, I kept the plastic tube it came in, which locks into the stand I just mentioned, making what I will use as a travel container for this baby! (Note that it's not airtight, as the base of the stand is just a ring, not a solid disc).

Density: Not too thick, not too fluffy. It doesn't bloom much, but it doesn't really seem to need to.

Stiffness of Tips: Not as stiff as a VDH boar brush, but stiffer than my AOS Pure Badger brush.

Softness of Tips: Here's where I was floored. This thing feels even softer than my Shavemac 23mm finest badger brush. The bristles are quite fine, and each one tapers down to an incredibly fine tip.
This brush is the definition of the "stiff yet soft" phenomenon.

Ergonomic: Feels nice and balanced in the hand, and the faceted edges help with control.
For what it's worth, the fact that the handle has corners may add to its "CLANGiness" when lathering in a small bowl. It can also get quite slippery

Latherability: Whips up cream or soap with great ease. Easy brush to "figure out". Doesn't seem to hold as much water as a badger brush, which I find to be a good thing (YMMV).

This is quickly becoming my favorite brush due to its ease of use, its interesting blend of scrubbiness and softness, and the fact that it comes packaged "travel-ready". Great value for a fantastic lather machine!

Here it is, on the left side of these pictures with my AOS pure badger brush (from their full-size starter kit), and my Shavemac #25 finest badger brush with 23mm knot.

View attachment 103230
View attachment 103231
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)