What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Two pass shave.
A77 generic shavette with 吉士 half-blade.Binned after 7 shaves.
Badger brush
Hawkins & Brimble cream
Eau de Cologne Toilette a/s
Revuelle balm

Nice comfortable Saturday mornig shave.
DFS
9,7/10

1715404823681_1.jpg

Date11.05.2024
366 daily shaves
132/366

RazorBladeBrush
Razorock Game Changer .84OCGillette Rubie (5)Abe’s Brush Works Saturn Synbad
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
TGS Savage (16)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9/10 (One red spot)6/10 (Razor sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.75/10
(BBS-)
8/10 (Smooth)

Notes:

Summary. Yesterday’s shave was too mild for my liking. The Game Changer is much more effective and I am definitely a fan of that.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave.

View attachment 1843732

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
B&B LE 2014 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL 13***
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am going with a different razor and blade today. I went with my Henson AL13*** - the more aggressive Henson razor. I went with a Wizamet blade which works well in this razor. The shave was smooth and close. Today’s brush is a Rooney 1/3 Silvertip badger. This is the only Rooney brush I own. The brush helped make some nice lather with the Haslinger soap. This was the twelfth consecutive day I used the soap. The shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day and weekend, folks.

Had me going there. I thought "That AL13 looks suspiciously like an AS-D2. Is it in disguise?"

A bright Saturday morning.

Ralf Aust 7/8 square point straight razor
Kent BLK12 synthetic brush
Phoenix & Beau Albion soap
Denim Gold aftershave

Thought I'd indulge this morning. The trouble with having a plethora of stuff is that the good kit doesn't come round as often as I might like.

Screenshot from 2024-05-11 08-23-14.png

All good. Almost good enough for me to skip my traditional moan that Kent don't make badger brushes any more. Nothing wrong with the synthetics - they're great brushes - but I miss the natural fibre ones. P&B make a fine soap, and Denim Gold sits on top of the smell nicely.

Did get a bit of a nudge from Ralf when I was charging around the face like some kind of lunatic, but nothing significant. I think even if I'd seen pink lather I'd still have given it a "10".

Razor: English aluminum Tech
Blade: Gillette 365 (2)
Brush: DScosmetic boar
Soap: Arko stick
Aftershave: Wilkinson Sword classic + Nivea men cream
10/10

I must say, I think I've finally honed in on my perfect shaving setup. Seeing a nick or a weeper has become something that really surprises me, I simply don't get them anymore. The blade is perfect for two uses, the razor is very forgiving and gentle. The stick is on its last legs after like 8 months of 3 times a week use. The Aliexpress boar brush performs just as well as any Zenith, Semogue or Omega.

Razor: Bigetsu Tamahagane Kamisori
Hone: Vermont Green Slate
Brush: Omega Pro 20106
Cream: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Proraso Red Splash

A nice face lather with this Omega Pro & Proraso. Soft tips and good backbone had the Proraso bursting into a nice wet lather.

My Bigetsu squeegeed away the whiskers.

I enjoy the Proraso Red cream & splash combo. It’s a nice scent and always performs well.

An easy shave to get right with the items I chose and I didn’t do anything to get in the way. 9.5/10.
IMG_2687.jpeg

2nd shave with Yates 921-H Ti / Perma-Sharp (2)

36 hours from last shave, usuall 3 passes

Well, this razor is so far one of best DE I have ever used. For only 2nd use very intuitive, easy close but skin friendly shave. Still not so close as with Blackbird, but as I learn Yates more I think H plate is great for daily use.

9,5/ 10 for 2nd shave
IMG_8021.jpeg

I like that you got the short handle Tomas @tomas1870 - somehow the long handle makes the razor look off to me. You had the BB also in titanium right? So that one is still closest in terms of shave? Or are you implying that with more shave under your belt the Yates might actually be the better one?

Enjoy! It looks amazing!

Guido

GRUME 11 May 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

1715423889121.jpeg

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rain (small
container)
Prep Cold Shave Hot​
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#55 of 100
Shave #
King C. Gillette
7 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter Lonestar
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
DFS+​
9.5​
0​
0​
Light​

Comments: A good shave for a pending busy day.

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel Dickinsons f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Musk f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

GRUME 11 May 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

View attachment 1844276

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rain (small
container)
Prep Cold Shave Hot​
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#55 of 100
Shave #
King C. Gillette
7 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter Lonestar
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
DFS+​
9.5​
0​
0​
Light​

Comments: A good shave for a pending busy day.

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel Dickinsons f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Musk f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Deodorant: Mennen Speed Stick
Enjoy your weekend, Bobby. I see Draco is in fine form, as always.

I like that you got the short handle Tomas @tomas1870 - somehow the long handle makes the razor look off to me. You had the BB also in titanium right? So that one is still closest in terms of shave? Or are you implying that with more shave under your belt the Yates might actually be the better one?

Enjoy! It looks amazing!

Guido
Thank you @Guido75
Yes I prefer shorter and more robust handle if there is choice. This stubby is exactly what I like. It also weight little more as shorter usual Yates handle. But as I prefer light razors overall I took Ti (like BB).

Yates 921-H is next razor that confirm for me how well works positive blade exposure. BB has much smaller gap as 921-H but much bigger blade exposure. Both razors are very close in end result, BB slightly more efficient and deep in cut, 921-H with noticable less blade feel is more skin friendly and forgiving user errors. Interesting would be 921 with EH plate but scalloped H works already very well for me.

SOTD: 05/11/2024

Razor: Merkur 23c
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 4th use
Brush: Maggard SYN 22
Bowl: Stirling Synthetic Travel Bowl Bowl
Soap: Stirling Havaford Croap
Aftershave: Declaration Of Grooming Massacre Of Innocence Aftershave
Fragrance: Stirling Soap Company HaverFord EdC

Another hotel shave. Definetly not the nicest place to crash but for a bed and a shower it works. Shave was good even with very little light usage as the rest of the crew was sleeping still. Long couple of days of lacrosse ahead.

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
B&B LE 2011 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL 13***
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Art of Shaving ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense.
Rating
10/10
Comments
It was another great shave with the more aggressive Henson and Wizamet blade. At one time I had this on the BST but it didn’t sell and I'm glad it didn’t. This has become on of my favorite razors. For me, it requires a steep angle and an extra light touch. The shave was smooth and close. Today’s brush is the first B&B LE (2011) brush by Rudy Vey that I bought. The brush made a nice lather with the Haslinger soap. This was the 13th day I used the soap. The shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Stirling Soap Sandalwood
Brush: Ever-Ready rebuild
Razor: Vikings Blade Emperor Meiji
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 9.5/10

A really nice, really smooth shave with the Emperor and one of my favorite blades. I learned long ago with this razor to dial it way back because it's very aggressive by nature. So I just set it on 1.5 or 2 and go to work.

proxy.php

Saturday Morning SHADE Soiree

Rating: 9.8/10 Almost Perfect

Very smooth & effective shave. Little green brush is a BANGER!! And A&E always delivers.

Parker Solo Edge
Parker Premium Platinum Half Blade
Ariana & Evans Spartacus Soap
Frank Shaving Two Face Mini Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On

Tabac Aftershave Lotion

58B67EAF-FA06-46C5-B2A8-E15C3C9DBC77-compressed.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Blue Tip (A3)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
Soap/Cream: Barbasol 1919 Cream
Bowl: N/A
Brush: N/A
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Seaforth's Black Watch AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 2 pass BBS shave with three touch ups, no weepers, cuts or irritation. Used water today to splash on my face prior to touch ups, worked better but more cream would be best. I hit my problem areas with an alum stick just for prevention. Still a very good shave.

Top Bottom