What's new

Hone Type 15

I have recently acquired a Hone stainless and have to agree with you 100%. I tried a few different blades and the one that changed everything was a Feather. Marriage made in heaven. I personally ride the cap and let the razor weight do the work. With a top notch soap like Ethos, I can barely feel it cut even with a three day beard.

I will admit to using my Tatara for tight spots above my stache, but overall I like the Hone better. I was wondering how the aluminum compares to the stainless since the weights are so different.

Congrats on your acquisition of an SS Hone. I agree wholeheartedly that this is one of the mild performers that actually benefits from what is considered to be the sharpest blade in wet shave land and I'm in agreement that it works to perfection in the Hone. It is seldomly mentioned in the same breath as other high end yet mild shavers that also produce comfortable, easy and quality shaves.

I've considered the Aluminum in a potential future purchase but, recent acquisitions & creations have had my attention and I've had to put a restraint on future purchases as other things take precedent. I did though put in an order some time ago for a couple items by Atelier Durdan that should be in my possession within a couple weeks. For now, I'm done at least for a few months or the rest of '24.

But, I never say "never" when it comes to the cursed RAD disorder. It's real. For me at least.

Great shaves to you with your Hone...:straight:

Top Bottom