What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Stando Mokosz AL / Voskhod (1)

Usual daily 3 passes, but today was longer interval from last shave, like 36 hours. Wanted to try Voskhod blades. Found some old stock and bought them all last week. Not so sharp as Perma-Sharp, but more forgiving for my skin. Looks perfect blade for more efficient razors and daily use.

Still waiting for Blackbird Ti but Stando Mokosz works very well.
IMG_7787.jpeg

Thursday’s shave……
Solid handle Souplex, new Nacet blade , Omega 20102 boar brush, Hampshire Wool Fat No.1 scent soap.
A superb shave today with the 1930’s English made Souplex. A small, minimalist design that performs way above expectations. My favourite ATG razor…I swear you can feel the blade slide under the whiskers prior to ruthless dispatch.
A brilliant little razor to use as it has a thin head profile which can get in all the tricky spots easily. I was very impressed with the great feedback you feel in the hand whilst shaving.
The great soap also contributed to a fine finish today.
A 2 pass blissful shave.A full 10/10.
IMG_6961.jpeg

GRUME 11 April 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

1712834036023.jpeg

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rain (small
container)
Prep Cold Shave Hot​
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#52 of 100
Shave #3
King C. Gillette
5 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter BARBAR
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
BBS​
10.0​
0​
0​
Very Light​

Comments: First shave with BARBAR, which lathered as well as the BAWR. Neither I or the LOTH can detect any notable scent from BARBAR. Leaving shortly for my first Post-Op exam following the hip replacement surgery. Multiple errands after leaving the hospital.

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel Dickinsons f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Velva Blue f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Deodorant: Dr. Teals

Eric_75

Not made for these times.

GRUME 11 April 2024

Bobby B’s Daily Shave Report

View attachment 1827410

TODAY’ SHAVE AND CLEANUP:

Water
Razor(s)
Shaving Blade
Buffing Blade
Prep
Soap
Brushes
Rain (small
container)
Prep Cold Shave Hot​
KCG Shaving
VDH Buffing & tight spots​
Bic Chrome
#52 of 100
Shave #3
King C. Gillette
5 of 10
Cube 2.0 Menthol
Left Timeless Blue Bowl​
Noble Otter BARBAR
Right
Timeless Blue Bowl​

Noble Otter​
1 Prep
2 Lathering

Passes
Quality
Rating
Nicks
Weepers
Stubble
2​
BBS​
10.0​
0​
0​
Very Light​

Comments: First shave with BARBAR, which lathered as well as the BAWR. Neither I or the LOTH can detect any notable scent from BARBAR. Leaving shortly for my first Post-Op exam following the hip replacement surgery. Multiple errands after leaving the hospital.

Cleanup:
  • Rinsed & dried face
  • Witch Hazel Dickinsons f/b buffing
  • A/S Aqua Velva Blue f/b buffing
  • Omega Alum stick
  • Deodorant: Dr. Teals
Have a blessed day ahead, sir.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash
- Truefitt & Hill Highgrove Pre-shave Oil
- Southern Witchcrafts Necromania (sample)

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Osma Alum Block
- Sukin Blemish Pore Perfecting Toner
- The Ordinary Skin Serum
- St James of London Lavender and Geranium Post-Shave Gel
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- Steve Woodhead Pottery Suribachi Lather Scuttle
- FaTip Piccolo Gentile
- Gillette Wilkinson Sword India (1)
- Semogue Tatara Boar

Fragrance for the day
Floris Jermyn Street EDP

Rating: 8.5/10
My first shave with this blade and an ok first shave. A bit rough on the first pass but then it smoothed out.
It was also my first shave with this soap sample and it was a pleasant enough lather. I find Southern Witchcrafts to be a bit behind on slickness compared to some top tier soaps but it's still a very good lather and has a very pleasant scent.

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Paladin PK 47
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Beverly Hills Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am going with a different razor and blade today: My Mergress XL with a Wizamet blade. It was a good shave: smooth and close. After my last shave the puck of Williams soap had developed a hole so large it was difficult to load the brush. I took the puck out of the cup and cut it into small pieces and arranged it in the bowl. This made the last two shaves much better. The Williams is on its 106th use. The shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Morning shave - 4/11/24
Razor: KCG
Blade: Derby Premium (5)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: Lustray Blue Spice
Rating: 9.75/10, DFS++
Cannot stop touching my face this morning. Yep it is that good. Just shy of BBS, but oh so smooth. Nothing more to wish for in a shave than this. Plenty close and very comfortable.

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Stirling Soap Coniferous
Brush: Perfecto Badger
Razor: Vikings Blade Emperor Meiji
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 9/10

I used this razor/blade combination a few days ago with stunningly good results. Today ... ummm .. well, not quite as good. The incredibly inconsistent Emperor never ceases to amuse and sometimes amaze.
It wasn't a horrible shave by any means. But it wasn't as good as the last one. Just not as smooth. Go figure. 🤷‍♂️
I love this Coniferous soap. I'll probably buy a full tub somewhere down the line. It's like taking a walk through a pine forest ...

proxy.php

Thursday Morning SOTD

Rating: 9.87/10 Excellent

Fourteenth use on the AC blade and it's still perfect. Killed the tub of Wet The Face.
Wonderful tiny pure badger vintage brush easily whipped up enough lather for three passes.

RazoRock Hawk V3A Razor
Kai Protouch MG Blade (14X)
Wet The Face Thomas Shelby Signature Scent
Made-Rite No. 52 Pure Badger Brush
Apex Alchemy Splash On

Gillette Cool Wave Aftershave

18391B89-EBDB-4136-9802-7EEDD9DD1BA7-compressed.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Stainless Steel Karve Overlander with Argyle Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (5)
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann Seville
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: Trotter Handicrafts NE Ice Handle AP Shave Co 28mm Titanium UHD Knot
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Seaforth Black Watch AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, weepers, cuts or irritation. No weepers appeared but hit problem areas with an Alum Stick for prevention. An excellent shave!

Pre-Shave: Grooming Dept Unscented Pre-Shave
Soap: EUFROS/JabonMan Kasbah
Brush: Semogue Pegasus Boar
Razor: YAQI Romulus / Dscosmetic Ti THT handle
Blade: Feather Pro (4)
Post-Shave: Elvado Woodland Reserve Aftershave Lotion
Rating: 10/10
20240411SOTDa.jpg

Every time I use this soap The Clash - Rock the Casbah just gets into my head and won't go away.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thursday, April 11th 2024

Razor :Yaqi Mellon double open comb 316L SSP head 2nd generation(V2) with a Yaqi Chippendale handle 316SSP (Darwin looking handle)- Mfg 2023>, mid range, very well made Double open comb with excellent machining and finish QC, inside of top cap is just machine finish & is adequate for my shaving needs. Had a stellar close shave this morning with no issues so I start the day off great.
Blade : Gillette Astra SP(3) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity. Very common blade that is used.
Soap : Gillette Pure cream. Nice unique clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Makes excellent ubber lather.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka Express" 26mm husky synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, Heavenly luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Just when I thought my other 26mm brushes could not be out performed this one changed my mind for excellent brush needs and wants.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi Mellon V2 razor with a Astra SP blade.
SOTD April 11 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Hardware
RazorEdwin Jagger DE89
BladeTreet 7 Days Platinum [5]
BrushSemogue Pegasus Boar

Software
PreThayer's Lavender
Stirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap
LatherStirling Bergamot & Lavender (Sample) [11]
PostClubman

Rating
7 /10

Notes
The scent in Stirling's Bergamot & Lavender is a little too strong for me. I think I'll try Unscented with Beeswax next, which may work better.

Top Bottom