What's new

GIVEAWAY! Participation PIF - A Tale Of Two Bridges

First shave with the UK made London Bridge and it is a nice blade. It was a little rough initially, but smoothed out nicely. Definitely a blade I could use regularly. I normally use a blade twice, but this one might go a bit further. 👍

Razor - Wolfman WR2 1.35DC
Blade - London Bridge (UK)
Soap and AS - First Canadian Shave MotherFer
Brush - Simpson Emperor 3 Super
Scent - Memo African Leather

BB036C53-C4F5-457B-A825-587D67075DF0.jpeg

Chinese London Bridge Blade One, Shave #6

Razor:
Wolfman WR1
Brush: Simpsons 57 best badger
Soap: Haslinger’s sage
Splash: Pinaud clubman

Comment: Another 9/10 shave today! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Good for sure, just not yet to the level of the UK blades. Certainly good for at least one more shave.

Blade: London Bridge (CH)
Razor: . E. Jones Shake Sharp
Mug: Green Rubber Marvy
Soap: Vintage Williams (AKA "Old Willie")
Brush: Rubberset 400-3
Post-shave: Healing Post Shave WH, Stirling Barbershop PSB

EOL for the Chinese London Bridge. Even th Shake Sharp and some pre-shave oil weren't enough to save it.
I got a decent shave today, barely a DFS. It felt rough enough that I decided not to push my luck chasing the baby.

DFS- with no real drama.

English London Bridge (edge 2 shave 1)

Muhle R89; Milagu Black 'shave butter'; YaQi Giotto 24mm synth

I'm back! And re-using the same brush as my last shave as I mis-remembered what happened before I went away.

The blade cut through my whiskers with absolutely no problems, but there was some weird dragging arising either from the soap, the razor head, or the combination.

One tiny neck-line weeper, but no irritation and a nice smooth finish.

Henson AL13++
Vintage English Light Brigade Wilkie (5)
AP Shave 24mm G5C rocket engine
La Toja stick
Southern Witchcrafts Carmilla splash

I was in a hurry so I went back to the Henson. About 5 weepers, but none persisted past the alum. Not my closest shave either, DFS/DFS+, with a little neck irritation still 4 hours later. The Light Brigade cut ok, it didn’t pull at all, so I don’t know if this was due to being in a rush or a blade on the decline. I guess I’ll decide this weekend whether or not to give it a sixth shave.

Today's shave of the day:

IMG_5491.jpeg

Pre-Shave
BigAlVista's Shave Butter, PAA cube and Grooming Dept. Mojito Preshave
Soap/Cream
Katie's Bubbles - Gardenia
Brush
ShaveMac 2-band
Scuttle
Pereira
Razor
Rex Konsul
Blade
London Bridge - UK (3)
1st Pass Eval
2nd Pass Eval
3rd / Buffing Pass Eval
Razer, Blade and Cream Observations
Nice combination. At 3.0, the shave was too mild. At 4.5, the shave was fine; maybe a hair too aggressive.
Post Shave.
Thayers, AofS Bourbon balm
Cologne/Fragrance
SV 70th
Overall Efficiency
Moderate
End of Shave Irritation
Some burn. In hindsight, I had the razor set a bit too aggressively.
Nicks
Weepers
1 tiny one below my lower lip
Overall Shave Rating
9.1: DFS
Comments
Will try the Konsul again tomorrow, set at 4.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_0870.jpeg

Participation PIF: A Tale Of Two Bridges.​

Week three and shave number 6 on the Vintage Wilkinson Sword The Light Brigade Chromium blade. I had a reasonably good shave today. Again, no blood redness etc but I did have a little sting when I applied my Alum Block. Shave number 7 tomorrow morning and then back to the Chinese made London Bridge blade.

Razor: GC .84 on RR aluminum handle
Blade: London Bridge UK blade #1 shave #4
Brush: Turn N Shave Ghost 👻
Soap: SW Boonana 🍌
Aftershave: SW Boonana 🍌

Nice shave blade blade is still plenty sharp and smooth maybe it wore down just a little or maybe it's in my head can't tell 7.5/10

Today's shave of the day: Day 4 of the second UK London Bridge blade.

IMG_5496.jpeg

Pre-Shave
Soap/Cream
A&E Cathedral
Brush
Barbermatic with 28mm Boti Synth Knot
Scuttle
Pereira
Razor
Rex Konsul
Blade
London Bridge - UK (4)
1st Pass Eval
2nd Pass Eval
3rd / Buffing Pass Eval
9.4 - the Konsul with the machine finish does an excellent job at scooping up whiskers and shave cream, making it difficult to buff. That said, it is highly efficient so not much buffing is needed.
Nice combination. At 3.75, the shave was pretty close to perfect with the UK London Bridge blade
Post Shave.
Cologne/Fragrance
Banana Republic - Walnut
Overall Efficiency
Excellent
End of Shave Irritation
Negligible
Nicks
Weepers
Overall Shave Rating
9.5: BBS
Comments
Excellent way to start the weekend

Last edited:
Chinese London Bridge Blade One, Shave #7

Razor:
Wolfman WR1
Brush: Graydog palm wood 2-band
Soap: MWF ‘tallow’
Splash: Suavacito bay rum

Comment: Managed an 8.5/10 shave today, but time to change out this blade after a fine run! :thumbup:

Blade: London Bridge (UK)
Razor: ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum w/CM1 plate
Mug: Green Rubber Marvy
Soap: Vintage Williams (AKA "Old Willie")
Brush: RV 2019 Manchurian
Post-shave: Thayers Toner WH, Nivea Men Sensitive PSB

I thought I'd switch to a modern razor today for use with the London London Bridge. I think the ATT Windsor Pro wants to be a Tech when it grows up. It certainly yields a very similar shave and gets about 98% of the way there. It only loses about 1% on efficiency, and 1% on comfort.

The UKLB blade has been a winner from the start and today was no exception. As I type this, about 8 hours after the shave, it's only now that my neck feels like DFS instead of BBS.

Today's result: BBS- with no drama.

IMG_4483.jpeg

Henson AL13++
Vintage English London Bridge (1)
AP Shave 24mm G5C rocket engine
La Toja stick
Southern Witchcrafts Carmilla splash

My face felt prickly most of the day yesterday, and while it's just as likely that the irritation was my own fault and not the blade's, it was annoying enough that I'm moving on to the vintage London Bridge.

So the London Bridge is supposed to be the same as the Light Brigade? I found the London Bridge slightly tuggy in some areas, whereas the Light Brigade never really was. The London Bridge did shave well in the end, DFS+/BBS- result. I got 3 tiny weepers and a little irritation, but not much as yesterday. Next shave will be Monday, so I'll see how it does after a day off. Based on others' reports here, I bet it does well. :thumbup1:

I tore my rotator cuff and have NOT shaved with anything OTHER than this since it's simple and quick and gives a /n acceptable shave.....

Philips-OneBlade-768x512.jpg

So I have NOT been able to comment about the blades but I promise I Will when I am able to , which will be after the doctors decide if they will try shots or surgery....

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member

IMG_0898.jpeg

Participation PIF: A Tale Of Two Bridges.​

Week three and shave number seven on the Vintage Wilkinson Sword The Light Brigade Chromium blade. Well, I did have a close shave. Two weepers this morning one on the left side of my face near where my lips meet and one on my neckline where I finish my shaving stroke. I think this blade is okay for a vintage blade. I am always hesitant to use them as I don’t know how they have been previously stored.

Today's shave of the day:

IMG_5502.jpeg

Pre-Shave
Soap/Cream
Grooming Dept. Amare
Brush
AP ShaveCo with 28mm G5A Synth Knot
Scuttle
Pereira
Razor
Rex Konsul
Blade
London Bridge - UK (5/final)
1st Pass Eval
2nd Pass Eval
3rd / Buffing Pass Eval
9.2 - Good shave, but the blade started getting tuggy on the third pass.
Similar to yesterday's shave. At 3.75, the shave was excellent with the UK London Bridge blade
Post Shave.
Cologne/Fragrance
SV 70th
Overall Efficiency
Very good.
End of Shave Irritation
Negligible
Nicks
Weepers
Overall Shave Rating
9.2: BBS-
Comments
The Vintage UK London Bridge Blade has fallen in battle after 5 successful skirmishes. Time to swap into the second Wilkinson Light Brigade blade. The King is Dead! Long Live the King!

Top Bottom