What's new

Razorock Hawk V2 coming tomorrow according to IB Facebook page

Yeah. I'm very curious about that as well. My Brass General is currently my favorite face shaver, slightly favoured over my DLC SS V1 Razorock Hawk and very much favoured over my V1 Aluminum Hawk (The weight is a big factor); however, I have been favoring my V1 Aluminum Hawk slightly more than my Brass General or the SS Hawk for my head shaving due to it's lighter weight.

I am very curious to find out how the V2 Aluminum Hawk (which seems to have blended features of the General and hawk) will do compared to my General and V1 Hawks.

IB claims that the shave geometry hasn't changed but I don't see how that can entirely be possible given the completely different shape of the top cap. I anticipate that with this feature change alone, there should be a noticeable difference; maybe not in performance, but in how the shave will feel.

Yeah. I'm very curious about that as well. My Brass General is currently my favorite face shaver, slightly favoured over my DLC SS V1 Razorock Hawk and very much favoured over my V1 Aluminum Hawk (The weight is a big factor); however, I have been favoring my V1 Aluminum Hawk slightly more than my Brass General or the SS Hawk for my head shaving due to it's lighter weight.

I am very curious to find out how the V2 Aluminum Hawk (which seems to have blended features of the General and hawk) will do compared to my General and V1 Hawks.

IB claims that the shave geometry hasn't changed but I don't see how that can entirely be possible given the completely different shape of the top cap. I anticipate that with this feature change alone, there should be a noticeable difference; maybe not in performance, but in how the shave will feel.
+1 Agreed...

It would seem either they made a bunch of these for the initial release or they just aren't selling like all other releases of their SE razors because they're not sold out yet!!

Any pictures of this baby?
Sir, didn't you already ask for pictures on page 3 and didn't I already post some pictures for you? There are no pictures of this in the wild yet as they have just been released and are starting to be shipped out. Mine might arrive later this afternoon according to the tracking information. I will try to post a picture or two of mine once I get it and have a chance though. I will put a blade in it to try to capture blade fit / blade exposure.

Sir, didn't you already ask for pictures on page 3 and didn't I already post some pictures for you? There are no pictures of this in the wild yet as they have just been released and are starting to be shipped out. Mine might arrive later this afternoon according to the tracking information. I will try to post a picture or two of mine once I get it and have a chance though. I will put a blade in it to try to capture blade fit / blade exposure.

Yes, thank you. I must be losing my mind or I somehow missed them. Nice pictures.

Black Hawk V2 is now sold out. Took longer to sell out than I expected. I should receive mine tomorrow. Unless someone beats me to it, I will post pictures and initial comments before having a shave with it. I will shave with it tomorrow evening (I am an evening shaver) for a face and head shave and will write up my initial thoughts on the shave afterwards for those who are interested.

Black Hawk V2 is now sold out. Took longer to sell out than I expected. I should receive mine tomorrow. Unless someone beats me to it, I will post pictures and initial comments before having a shave with it. I will shave with it tomorrow evening (I am an evening shaver) for a face and head shave and will write up my initial thoughts on the shave afterwards for those who are interested.

We look forward to your review.

Sadly my tracking has not updated since I received the initial "label created" So mine won't arrive until sometime next week. I was hopeful to shave with it this weekend but that won't be the case.

upload_2017-7-14_7-19-48.png

Sadly my tracking has not updated since I received the initial "label created" So mine won't arrive until sometime next week. I was hopeful to shave with it this weekend but that won't be the case.

I have a bit of a shipping advantage over you (our American neighbors) for IB orders since I live in Ontario Canada and IB is located in Ontario Canada. My shipments from IB don't have to go through the border and through customs and are pretty much directly shipped to me. My shipments go from IB to Canada Post sorting centre in Mississauga, Ontario to Sudbury Ontario Sorting centre and then to me. My shipment left IB on the 12th, was processed in Mississauga after midnight so technically on the 13th, travelled to Sudbury and was processed in Sudbury on the 13th at 5:00 am and began it's journey to me at 7:00 am on the 13th. I should have gotten it yesterday based on these times but I didn't.

I just got my delivery notification notice 15 minutes ago. My Hawk V2 has been delivered.

I wonder how they do the shipments to the US with the alcohol based aftershaves??? Perhaps they have a US Based warehouse for shipping US orders. I've seen notices on IB for alcohol based products "For orders with alcohol based products or glass bottles (Colognes, Aftershave lotion etc), he or she orders at their own risk. We cannot guarantee delivery, nor that the product will not be damaged, emptied or confiscated by authorities. If you are in doubt, please ask us before ordering!" yet I haven't heard of anyone having issues getting their alcohol based aftershaves delivered because of the border. Also I don't see this same warning posted on every one of their alcohol based aftershaves. I know that I have tried to order some alcohol based aftershaves from a couple of US Vendors but the these aftershaves couldn't be shipped across the border to Canada (ie. Maggards)

@Icedorrk clearly you are very luck since you get your items so quickly.

I don't know how Joe at Italian Barber @RazoRock does it but I have this image in my head of him driving across the border every night into Niagara Falls, NY with all the shave goods in the back of a pickup truck and then dropping off at that local post office. Regardless of how he does it I don't care... I love his products and just wait patiently for them to arrive to little ol' Utah so I can play with my new goodies.

don't laugh, that was me when my brother in law moved to Canada, about 20 somethin' years ago... seriously, i had a station-wagon with a rooftop basket, the car was filled to the max inside/out.
The officer said "ok, move along.."

Top Bottom