What's new

SOTD "UNITED KINGDOM THEME WEEK" May 29th - June 4th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday June 2nd
Gillette Rocket Aristocrat JR / Persona Platinum (3)
D.R.Harris Arlington shave stick
Vulfix 660 Super Badger
Nivea Cool Kick ASB
Mennen Skin Bracer AS
Ahhhhhhhh! Arlington, Classic scent and great performance. Paired with the Rocket Jr. It was a great shave. Finished withk Nivea Cool Kick ASB, and Mennen Skin Bracer AS. Razor, brush and soap all United Kingdom. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Love that scuttle. I like the way it cradles your elements.

SOTD 2017-06-02

Hot shower
Gillette Tech + Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (3)
24mm Custom 2Band Finest Badger
Erasmic Lather Shave Cream
Boots Freshwood AS

proxy.php

Have a nice Friday and a good weekend,gents!:001_smile

Wonderful presentation portrait, Witek.

Friday 2 June 2017

proxy.php

Viva l'Italia!

Viva l'Italia! Today is the Italian National Day or, like we properly call it, "Festa della Repubblica", that is our "Republic Day". We are in fact celebrating the 71st anniversary of our Republic. Long live Italy! To celebrate our National Day I shaved with Italian products only, including the ones made by me, certainly and proudly made in Italy. As for the razor, I used this Mastro Livi RWL34, a stainless steel having - and I am sure about this - superior quality and performance in shaving. I must say this is the only Mastro Livi razor I have ever honed (I own 31 of them, none of them ever needed honing) and not because it needed honing, indeed because of a challenge. I have read from time to time many people complained about Mastro Livi RWL34 razors and in their opinion it was a stainless steel impossible to hone and it could not take any edge or however a good edge. I have three RWL34 razors and I decided to accept the risk of honing one of them and I decided to sacrifice this one. Let me say this clear: this razor had a great edge (just like any Mastro Livi razor) but I wanted to try myself to hone it from scratch and see whether those complaining about RWL34 razors were right. I removed the original Mastro Livi edge by severely dulling it on a stone, then I started making a new bevel from scratch. It took about 15 minutes to get a fabulous edge and I can tell (and prove) what people say about Mastro Livi RWL34 is absolutely false. I used a 3K to make a new bevel, a Belgian coticule and then Mastro Livi chromium oxide paste and his loom strop. Since that day, I used this razor to shave dozens of times and it still has a very sharp and super cutting edge. Mastro Livi RWL34 straight razors are magnificently amazing shavers, giving a super close and very effective shave. Viva l'Italia!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Almond Oil Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Omega Bristle 10275
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi RWL34, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Bay Rum

Excellent shot, Antonello. Certainly a fine looking razor. Quite an interesting testament to the quality of the razor.

proxy.php

Smooth and close shave but I noticed that in comparison with the Ever-Ready 1912 this Push-Button wasn't as slick sliding over the skin. Had a minor mishappening with a weeper near a small mole but very swiftly controlled with the comfort lather and cold water. I'm also noticing that I'm face lathering more and more, and with this brush is really a treat! Still keepimg the UK theme with the P&B fantastic Solaris soap.

A dandy shave pic, Daniel. Nice looking Push-Button. I have one but haven't used it (but I will rectify that soon). For me, with a beard, it's a bit hard to face lather though I sometimes do a bit on my neck. If your Semogue is anything like my 830 I can see why it's a pleasure to use.

Friday's Shave
06.02.2017: Musgo Glyce Face Lather & Rinse

ERN ATOR 13/16
T. Miller Strop / Trans Ark Hone
Rudy Vey B&B Team Brush / Shavemac 2-band Silvertip
TOBS St. James Luxury Shave Cream
TOBS St. James Luxury Aftershave Splash
TOBS St. James Luxury Cologne

View attachment 793623
Have a Great Day Gents

Love that animation, Dave.

Gentleman, I do not own English product (except some Neils Yard which I am bored with) hence I didnt post this week, but I truly enjoyed your SOTDs.

There is no need to participate in a theme week, Nima; it's only a suggestion. Please feel free to use anything you like for your photos.

SOTD, Friday, June 2nd, 2017

Shower at gym + Glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Penhaligon's Opus shave cream and cologne
Simpson badger brush
Ralf Aust 6/8" straight razor

proxy.php

Smart-looking layout, Murray. Love the flow of the color-coordinated stripes.

Yesterday`s BBS shave still lasting, so today there is no need for a shave.
Just some Lucky Tiger Aspen and an Italian coffee to start this rainy Sunday morning here in Hamburg.

Proraso Green Pre/Post
Vintage EverReady 200 Handle with 24mm Tuxedo Knot
Barrister and Mann Night Music
Gillette Aristocrat Open Comb / Barbedeaux (1)
Superhazel ~ Proraso Green Pre/post ~ Night Music AS Splash
proxy.php

A heavenly shave pic, Doug. Of course, I'm always partial to the shaves of the night....

Saturday Planned SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Gillette British Rocket HD 500
Blade: Personna Super Stainless (D01)
Brush: Kent BLK4
Scuttle: TheMudPlace Big Daddy Oiled Mahogany
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Aventus
Pre-Shave Gel: AOS Ocean Kelp
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Patchouli 
Aftershave: Folsom Shambala

This is one extraordinary border, Guy! And so apropos to the shave. Well done!

Excellent shot, Antonello. Certainly a fine looking razor. Quite an interesting testament to the quality of the razor.

Thank you Ron. Mastro Livi razors are all excellent shavers, not to mention the artistry he puts in each masterpiece he makes, however RWL34 blades take a superb and long lasting edge. Just another proof of the superior quality and performance of Mastro Livi craftsmanship and shaving excellence!

The RazorGuy

proxy.php

Occams Original Pre
Paladin
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
Queen Charlotte Soaps Mysore Sandalwood Cream
Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Salve
Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve The Santal EDP

A superb Winter shave, my immense thanks to a friend for the Mysore Sandalwood Cream, just lovely :)

Your use of light and shadow is so evocating in this photo. Love your layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom