What's new

Hello form Houston, TX!

/csb: What are y'all letting me get sucked into here??? I've been shaving in some form or fashion since I was 16 or 17, more than 35 years ago!

Early on, I used the electric razor my dad gave me, then switched to whatever the latest Gillette cartridge was and canned foam or gel (the shame!) which sustained me for probably 30+ years. The pinch of the blade cost began to take its toll, so I switched to Harry's, which while cheaper, wasn't that great a shave.

I began looking around really at a subconscious level since I wasn't enjoying the experience anymore. I had noticed some displays of DE shaving supplies at the upper end men's haircut places and remembered that my dad always used a brush and bowl all my life (and his) so became curious.

I picked up a cheapo DE razor, brush and soap at HEB, and had a satisfactory experience. Since then, I've bought another razor, brush and several soaps and creams, pre-shave lotion, aftershave lotion, a whole other travel set of each, and am planning to sign on to the Wolf Whiskers wait list this weekend. Clearly I'm saving money over the Gillette blades. So far my wife is only vaguely aware of this new hobby. I think. /csb

:001_smile

Welcome, glad you decided to join us. Soon you be having soap,brushes and razors all over the house and looking for the next one. :lol:

I also bought the cheap brush at HEB. Thank goodness my friend to me to British Isles in Rice Village for my TOBS Lemon and Limes cream and a few other goodies. Unfortunately I'm still using that chepo brush but hopefully a much better one is in my future.

What barbershop carries wet shaving supplies? Always looking for something different when I visit my friend.

Fas est et ab hoste docari

I also bought the cheap brush at HEB. Thank goodness my friend to me to British Isles in Rice Village for my TOBS Lemon and Limes cream and a few other goodies. Unfortunately I'm still using that chepo brush but hopefully a much better one is in my future.

What barbershop carries wet shaving supplies? Always looking for something different when I visit my friend.

Fas est et ab hoste docari

Ive been to BI also, picked up the Geo. F Trumpers Coconut Oil Cream. Great stuff - nice scent. (Un)Fortunately, the very first time I used my cheapo brush, the knot came out, poor glue job. Threw it in the trash and picked up a Jaggers best badger brush, which is fine enough for me right now.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Our son moved to Houston last summer. We are headed out for the Rodeo in March. Great city!

A big welcome from the left of ya in San Antone. :cowboy: Since SWMBO (she who must be obeyed - the wife) is only vaguely aware at this point, you should probably go ahead and load up while you're still under the radar. Yeah, we enable here. :thumbup:

Welcome from right close by! It sounds like you're off to a great start!

Nothings far from anything in Houston, amirite? And, I'm in Katy, specifically. But I do pass by Bellaire occasionally, and used to office at Fournace Place.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Nothings far from anything in Houston, amirite? And, I'm in Katy, specifically. But I do pass by Bellaire occasionally, and used to office at Fournace Place.
Not if you consider an hour to be a short drive!

I get out to Katy from time to time, myself.

Cheers!

Top Bottom