What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

I've been watching The Great Silence, classic spaghetti western from 1968. Already two straight edge scenes. Apparently, the city streets were covered with shaving cream in order to get the snowy effect. What was the cheapest brand in '68?
I saw that. ....shave related :thumbup:

Inspector Montalbano has brush on a stand in his bathroom.

Longmire uses brush in 4th season, he makes lather in a bowl

Edward G. Robinson gets a straight razor shave from one of his henchmen in "Key Largo". He uses a brushless cream.

• K-19: The Widow-maker (2002) The captain of the Soviet submarine shaved with a straight.
  • Kings of Summer [2013] ; Baggio Dad straight razor shaves and Joe shaves with disposable [ p 146]
  • kill me later [2005] lady shaves her wrist with a disposable Bic--[p 40]
  • Key Largo (1948) Edward G Robison gets a straight razor shave [p 127]
  • Kill Me Late [2001]Max Weesley shaves with a straight and Atra too--[p 39]
  • Kill your Darlings [2013] Alexander Skarsgard shaving before he tries to kill himself.
  • Killing Fields (1984) A bearded Sam Waterston uses what looks like a Knack---[p 42]

L

Crimson Peak, the gothic ghost movie put out last year by Guillermo Del Toro, has a brief scene near the beginning in which the father of the heroine shaves with a straight.

Though the actor (Jim Beaver) does that Hollywood thing where he holds the straight 90 degrees to the skin like a bulldozer blade, making it (unintentionally) obvious he's just scraping foam off.

Last edited:
Don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread.
Charley Chase in The Pip from Pittsburgh. 1931

Shaving display on counter.

$display.jpg

Charley chooses the ball end New. Smart guy!

$New.jpg

Proceeds to shave.

$shave.jpg

Can anyone name the other razors?

Last edited:
Batman The Animated Serie (The Best serie!)

(You can clearly see Bruce holding a D.E razor in the first frame)

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

(The other frames were not needed but... why waste a good joke?)

Last edited:
"Shaving Muggs" - Popeye and Bluto shave each other (sorta') in a barber shop, starting 01:38

Last edited by a moderator:
Recent Sprint commercial. I laughed at the barber play acting that effort to load his new soap & brush

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom