Brush: Ever-Ready C40 original knot
Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: Personna GEM Super Stainless (2)
Post Splash: Thayers Rose Petal
Aftershave: PAA Otra Tonic
Post Shave Balm: Nivea Sensitive

$20160912_103928 (2).jpg

Last edited:
@ram57 - The bowl strikes again! What's the Captain's Choice test soap like?

@ram57 - Oh, man, another beautiful bowl! Fine looking shave you've got planned.

The pattern on this bowl is my favorite in the Turkish line. Has over a 100 bumps and ridges to help retain water and aid in building bellowing lather.

As for the test soap:
Easy of Lather 8/10: For me, lathering was real easy, and the soap bellowed up nice and fluffy. Non airy but not as thick as I normally like as I go for the yogurt like consistency but then this is just the first go with this soap.

Slickness and protection7/10: The Rocnel yesterday and ONEBLADE today slid over my face and neck with ease and all that was required was a 2 pass shave with no touch ups. Protection was good but not what I am normally use to with other soaps I tend to reach for. After final rinse off some of the slickness was gone and when I used the Monster Alum Block that I use after every shave, I could feel some sting from irritation that I have experienced with most of my other soaps. Not saying this is bad as I did not have an redness or felt irritation while shaving just something I noted after the shave.

Aroma 6/10: Popping the lid the aroma was perfect in strength for me but once I added water the aroma to me was cut in half. Now I do have lifelong sinus issues but I expected the aroma to explode not mellow out like it did, or at least for me. Once lathered the scent turned more to a mild Pina Colada or a Marzipan(almond/honey) so will be interesting to see what scent Scott has chosen for this. I think the scent has be beefed up some but a tricky thing as you don't want it to be too sweet to the nose

Tomorrows shave, the symmetrical bowls are my favorite bowls to use and have 3 of them. Overkill yes,

This has been an excellent day of striking photographs and informative posts, gentlemen. Thanks to everyone.

@SpeedyPC - Still loving the soap, I imagine.
@ronweston you bet I'm loving it :thumbup: like I said you better hurry and grab some before it too late, otherwise your going back to "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" no wonder you didn't get you're fair share of the PdP No. 63 treasure :sob:

Tuesday shave 9.13.2016
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

CV Heljestrand MK*31
Paladin PK-47
Captain's Choice Lime shave soap
Royall Lyme aftershave/cologne

proxy.php

Have a Good Day Gentlemen

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac
Lather: Mike's Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Beautiful pictures gentlemen - thank you and I hope you all have a great Tuesday :thumbup:

Seygusrazor + Astra SP (green)
El Druida Olive wood from Jerusalem
SVFA v4.0
Lavender Puig EdT in a T. Muegler glass.
Have a beautiful day, folks.

proxy.php

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

Tuesday:

Simpson Special Pure
Proraso Green in tub (old school)
Gillette Goodwill 192
Bolzano
Lotion Opaline ***
Eau de Rochas Homme EdT
proxy.php

It does look like a phenomenal shave, Josh. I meant to ask yesterday what you thought of the Midnight Stag.

Performance wise it was decent. It lathers very easily, but is very easy to miss the sweet spot for water. I'm not too keen on the scent. Those who really enjoy vetivers would like it I would imagine, however I don't happen to be one of those.

This has been an excellent day of striking photographs and informative posts, gentlemen. Thanks to everyone.

@ram57 - The bowl strikes again! What's the Captain's Choice test soap like?
@SpeedyPC - Still loving the soap, I imagine.
@skypsyd - Not only does the blade look legendary ... the whole shave does, Dave.
@Cash_Stronomer - Ah, the road less traveled ... the razor and brush seem to belong together ... really nice!
@Sdm84 - Like your lineup ... Pinaud is good any day.
@UngerWoo - Great brush. Is Jamestown Gentlemen tobacco scented?
@blexa - The chubby seals the deal on a fine looking shave!
@cmh737 - Sublime photo, Chris ... again, my envy is notched.
@eezee - Fine elements nicely presented.
@CT23 - Beauteously done, Chris, so warm and inviting ... sorry I missed the Flying Mango....
@nikonNUT - Quality shot.
@Doug57 - The red prevails! Nice choices, Doug.
@shm - On target, Søren!
@imcndn - Good closeup.
@Bobcat - The vintage blades seem to work well for you, Bob.
@blzrfn - Great looking handle on the iKon, fantastic vintage A&F, Dave, all captured in a very appealing photo.
@Bengkia369 - Love the color and reflection in the pic. The Semogue looks well broken in.
@Jnatcat - It's great to have an all Cella shave. How is the aftershave and balm?
@doc47 - Luxurious picture and shave, Dan.
@sarimento1 - Lovely, bright, colorful photo.
@ram57 - Oh, man, another beautiful bowl! Fine looking shave you've got planned.
@DabblinRazors - Very good close in shot with great reflection.
@DblD - Excellent POV. Eye-catching Ever Ready.
@sandstone - Really love single color merged fore- and background shots when done well. And, well done, Phil.
@Moustache - So much I like about this shot: selective color, framing, cropping and that beautiful SE!
@Hanover - Another accomplished photo, Mark!
@TheKushFather - Nice picture honed to the essentials.
@noahpictures - Finely composed photo. Love your cropping.

Looking forward to Tuesday's SOTDs. Have a great rest of your evening, gents.

The Cella is great, I had a tub of soap already so when they released the new splash and balm I thought I would give it a shot, the splash is very light and not over powering and has a hint of almond to it and the balm is very thin and not greasy but it also takes very little to do the job, both I feel will last a long time, I have liked Cella products from day one so it's not a hard decision to keep them in my rotation.

9/13/16

3P Pre Shave Cream
Haslinger Marigold
Semogue 830
11/16 Hayashi Diamond 1000
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Shavex Alum Block
La Toja
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Versace Pour Homme
$SOTD9-13-16.jpg

Status