What's new

What is your favorite RazoRock Plissoft brush and why?

The ebony Barber. Conformation is the best of all Plisson-styles I've had, loft is 55mm, and whatever the glue bump drops that number to, it works great with this fibre.

My Plissoft Monster is by far my favorite, love them all but I get my best shaves with this one in particular. Nice grip on the handle, lathering machine, ultra-soft face feel, just plain awesome especially at the low price.

I have this one.
http://www.italianbarber.com/collec...cts/razorock-plissoft-synthetic-shaving-brush

I'm not certain of the handle name and until I found it in the IB catalog I wasn't even sure of the knot size.

What I am certain of is that I"m VERY IMPRESSED with this brush. It has become my go-to for face-lathering. Whether I'm using soaps or creams or whatever, it performs well no matter what I throw at it. And the price can't be beat.
I like this one also.

Today I received my new Razorock Bruce. The handle feels very nice (and surprisingly weighty) and I can see why this brush is very popular. It's replacing an ever-shedding Perfecto. Cannot wait for tomorrow morning's shave.

Just got my Bruce yesterday. I love the simple clean look and amazing hand feel. Performance wise it is amazing, just as are all of the Razo Rock brushes.

I was gifted the Razorock Plissoft Synthetic, the 24mm variety, which I use for travel. I complemented it with a 26mm Monster for use at home. I like them both, though they are not fancy in the handles or anything like that. The brush design is uniform and gentle. Not a single bristle gets lost. The lather that it raises is consistent and peaky. All that goes for either brush type, with the Monster just putting more of the same into your hand.

Anyone feel like there's a learning curve going from badger/boar to synthetic? Just curious, as I also have my first synthetic on the way. Just wondering what to expect compared to badger...

Anyone feel like there's a learning curve going from badger/boar to synthetic? Just curious, as I also have my first synthetic on the way. Just wondering what to expect compared to badger...

For me not really but others can weigh in. Some synthetics seem to push the lather to the side of the brush more when applying to your whiskers than boars/badgers I've used. But it doesn't effect it's use all that much.

I have this one.
http://www.italianbarber.com/collec...cts/razorock-plissoft-synthetic-shaving-brush

I'm not certain of the handle name and until I found it in the IB catalog I wasn't even sure of the knot size.

What I am certain of is that I"m VERY IMPRESSED with this brush. It has become my go-to for face-lathering. Whether I'm using soaps or creams or whatever, it performs well no matter what I throw at it. And the price can't be beat.

Totally agree on the performance. However, I enjoy the Bruce handle WAY more. It's more ergonomic. The following will likely be my next brush and the probability increases if they introduce it in the Bruce handle and the even-softer "silvertip synthetic" tips:

$DSC_1478_1024x1024.jpg

Today I received my new Razorock Bruce. The handle feels very nice (and surprisingly weighty) and I can see why this brush is very popular. It's replacing an ever-shedding Perfecto. Cannot wait for tomorrow morning's shave.

Grundi, did it match all the hype we gave?

There is an adjustment regarding water retention. Synthetics don't hold water like natural bristles.

I was gifted the Razorock Plissoft Synthetic, the 24mm variety, which I use for travel. I complemented it with a 26mm Monster for use at home. I like them both, though they are not fancy in the handles or anything like that. The brush design is uniform and gentle. Not a single bristle gets lost. The lather that it raises is consistent and peaky. All that goes for either brush type, with the Monster just putting more of the same into your hand.

+1

I did exactly the same thing with the regular and Monster. Awesome brushes.

Grundi, did it match all the hype we gave?
Yes, indeed, and so night and day from my starter brush!! I love the Bruce handle, and the brush is phenomenal!! It loads the soap thicker into the bristles, and it actually has backbone (I didn't realize what I've been missing out on). The feel on my face is very different, very nice. And it hasn't lost any hairs (I started my shave picking my other brush's hair out of my soap so that I wouldn't corrupt the experience)!!

The 2 brushes are almost the same price but their performance couldn't be more different. The Razorock Bruce Plissoft is a inexpensive as any brush out there, but the quality and experience is simply amazing. I now wish I had this brush when it was my turn with the PCN pass-around.

I have a barber and Bruce handle, I slightly prefer the barber handle. I like longer handles. I did ask my wife for the big Bruce and Hulk brush for my birthday too.

What has worked for me is to wet the knot, give it a good shake to get out most of the water. Load your brush. If you need, dip the tips, shake out the water, and load more. Use a bowl to start making your lather. Dip your brush tips to build the lather. I have found at least 3-4 dips is needed to make some nice slick lather, more depending on the soap or cream.

Top Bottom