What's new

WHAT is your current pre-work out drink?

Vega Sport pre-workout energizer. Note: for some casual weight lifting, or a light workout (elliptical, spin class, etc) this is tremendous overkill. If you're going to head out and crush some miles on foot at a fast clip, do some gnarly road or mountain biking, or going to lap the pool for an hour or more, this is for you. If you're doing something low/medium energy though, you won't burn off all the "kick" this stuff gives you, and you'll be way too fired up/energized.

This is what I've been drinking lately.

My workouts these days consist of a 35min med-high cardio (elliptical), followed by a 45 min workout with a few hundred reps of abs worked in. Since I'm not going for bulk, I stick with only water for a few hours prior to this routine. As soon as I get home, nothing tastes better (for me) then a hot cup of coffee, with sugar and a few drops of light cream!

A couple cups of coffee followed by some stim-free pump volumizer with some beta alanine mixed in. Then drink some BSN Amino X during my workout.

Turbulence Pre workout (by Champion). I like it, nice green apple flavor with minimal face itch and no nausea. 5 calories.
I am working out before breakfast so I take BCAA's and Yohimbine with it.

C4 is best or you can go cheap and buy bulk beta alanine and creatine. I still supplement with creatine and glutamine and BCAA no matter what, C4 just helps with those 6 A.M. workouts. After workout 2 scoops protein in 1% milk.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Two scoops of vanilla whey powder, some creatine and glutamine, all mixed with half a big glass of whatever juice happens to be at hand, mango being my favourite.

That stuff is dangerous! Don't you read the internet!!!?!!? :w00t:

Live on the edge, dude ... live on the edge!!

Coffee.

I've been thinking about trying the Vega pre-workout. I didn't think it would be very effective, but I see that there are a couple mentions of it here. Might give it shot.

I think we should define the time of the workout, AM or PM as I think time frame will make a difference on what was/was not ingested into the body.

I used to drink my own preworkout powder of doom. Good stuff, better than any other preworkout I tried and cheaper
What was in it? I haven't found one I'm really married to, I'd try making my own.
Using one called AE Steel Edge lately, it's my favorite so far.

Top Bottom