Status
Not open for further replies.
Single Edge Sunday
Burham (1909 Patent) / Gem SS PTFE (5)
Arko Stick
Vie-Long 4312 Horsehair
Every Man Jack Mint Face Lotion
Old Spice Modern AS and Cologne
Yesterday's shave with the Schick N2 and a Chick blade on the 5th use was less than stellar, not at all what I am used to using any setup, much less a Schick. Today i used the smallest lightest razor in my modest collection, the 1909 Burham. This is the 5th time I have used this little single edge and each time I have not been dissapointed with the quality of my shave. Today was no different, Dolphin smooth BBS, as good as it gets (AGAIG). This is a very simplistic design, a one piece razor where the blade just slides up under the spring and that's it. The one knock on this razor is the extremely thin handle and it's light weight. You have to make sure that you keep your hands dry or the handle can be slippery and hard to grip. This little known jewel is one of my most prized pieces I have, and it comes in the cardboard box with the instructions and original blade. The Arko stick was face lathered with my first Vie-Long horsehair brush, the 4312 which is very long and floppy but lathers like a beast. Post shave face feel is smooth and soft and the Old Spice left me smelling great. A shave that is TWGW approved.
proxy.php

Today’s brush is my most recent acquisition from RV Shaving, a Beehive handle set with a SOC boar knot, and matching razor stand. I love the SOC knot and having it in a Rudy Vey handle makes it really special!

Custom Rudy Vey SOC Boar
ATT S1 Kronos / Feather
Lather Bowl by Symmetrical Pottery
Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shave Soap
Aqua Velva Original Sport

proxy.php

Have a good day, gentlemen!
:001_smile

Proraso Green Pre/Post
22mm Plissoft Synthetic knot in an E Shave handle
LA Shaving Soap Company Bespoke #1
GEM Featherweight Black handle / Gem stainless steel PTFE (2)
Thayers Superhazel with Proraso Green Pre/post followed by Shea Moisture Tea Tree

$IMG_i5_022816 (1).jpg

Beautiful pictures on Sunday,gents!Enjoy your day!

Podog - welcome to the SOTD!
bman40
CT23 - lovely!
ram57
alfredus
skypsyd - nice photo and setup!
joel
shm
Blade4vor
BobLH
razorguy
cmh737
Cash_Stronomer - great shot!
UngerWoo
Leo K - very nice!
Bobcat
celestino - lovely!
sarimento1
gemini68j
ClaudioBP
Roderick - interesting razor!
sandstone - beautiful colors!
DbID

Single Edge Sunday
Burham (1909 Patent) / Gem SS PTFE (5)
Arko Stick
Vie-Long 4312 Horsehair
Every Man Jack Mint Face Lotion
Old Spice Modern AS and Cologne
Yesterday's shave with the Schick N2 and a Chick blade on the 5th use was less than stellar, not at all what I am used to using any setup, much less a Schick. Today i used the smallest lightest razor in my modest collection, the 1909 Burham. This is the 5th time I have used this little single edge and each time I have not been dissapointed with the quality of my shave. Today was no different, Dolphin smooth BBS, as good as it gets (AGAIG). This is a very simplistic design, a one piece razor where the blade just slides up under the spring and that's it. The one knock on this razor is the extremely thin handle and it's light weight. You have to make sure that you keep your hands dry or the handle can be slippery and hard to grip. This little known jewel is one of my most prized pieces I have, and it comes in the cardboard box with the instructions and original blade. The Arko stick was face lathered with my first Vie-Long horsehair brush, the 4312 which is very long and floppy but lathers like a beast. Post shave face feel is smooth and soft and the Old Spice left me smelling great. A shave that is TWGW approved.
http://i.imgur.com/n1XHIOt.jpg

nice! but what is "TWGW"?

Sunday

Vulfix 660
Arko soap
G20 scuttle
Merkur 34G
Gillette 7 o/c sharp edge
Alum block
Witch hazel
Nivea balm

Lovely photos, everyone! Enjoy your Sunday! :001_smile

Guy
alfredu
Dave
Joel (lovely razor)
Soren
Rob (Blade4vor)
BobLH
Antonello
Chris (cmh737)
Cash :thumbup1:
Matt
Todd
Bobcat
Murray
Heikki
Claudio
witeq
Roderick
Phil
DblD
Dave (blzrfn)
Sameer
Michael
mrdrakeness
Jorge (lovely new DLC):thumbup:
Erich

Last edited:
Good Sunday Gents. Sorry to not be able to Thank all of you individually for today's post and pictures, however I am headed to Phoenix to visit with some clients.

So Thanks for another Stupendous week on the SOTD and for those that have posted GREAT shots and posts, and for those yet to post..... FANTASTIC! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, and "Leap Year Week" i.e. rarely used items is on deck for next week.

Cheers!
:thumbup:

One of my favorites:

$SOTD 022816.jpg

Pre de Provence | Shavemac D01 | Shavecraft 102/Bulldog | Gillette UK Platinum (4)
RazoRock Lime Tonic | Stirling Sharp Dressed Man (GIT) Balm

proxy.php
proxy.php

Been kinda crappy about posting this week. Tried out my first Tiki soap, a sample of The Captain from Luxury Barber. Let's just say it was fantastic. So fantastic, I copied my Friday SOTD on Saturday. Today I went with XXX, working on finishing up the tub. Not pictured but I capped today with a splash of Florida Water and went about my business!

2/27/16

3P Pre Shave Cream
Le Pere Lucien
Simpson "Duke #2" in Best Badger
13/16 Filarmonica #14
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Shavex Alum Block
Captain's Choice North
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Versace Pour Homme
$SOTD2-27-16.jpg

Status