What's new

What to do with old Cans of foam? Use it with soap/cream?

What do you guys do with the old cans of Barbasol or Gillette Foamy lying around?

I'm thinking of using a layer of soap underneath for slickness or mixing glycerin to improve the canned goo. They're just lying around since no one uses em anymore

I was going to take them out and dispatch them with a Crosman airgun, .22 rifle and freezing one and cutting the can off to see what happened when it thawed out. But eventually it became obvious I was never going to get around to doing that any more than I was going to shave with them, so I just threw them out.

Freeze them, then cut the tops off. Immediately throw them in the car owned by the neighbor who lets their dog poop on your lawn and doesn't pick it up.

My wife uses Barbasol to shave her legs, although I have convinced her to use an Injector razor instead of a multi-blade cartridge. I would just give your cans to your wife and let her use them up. When they're gone, you can educate her on the benefits of wet shaving.

I give mine to SWMBO for shaving. No way I'm getting her away from cartridge shaving. I have tried and miserably failed.

Donate to charity, to a homeless shelter or some such. Someone out there can use them.

+100 - we have shelters for abused women and their children that absolutely love getting hotel soaps, shampoos, toothpaste & toothbrushes, and the like. I'm sure they'd like shaving cream, too - and it just dawned on me, they might like carts or DE razors with a supply of blades, as well.

+100 - we have shelters for abused women and their children that absolutely love getting hotel soaps, shampoos, toothpaste & toothbrushes, and the like. I'm sure they'd like shaving cream, too - and it just dawned on me, they might like carts or DE razors with a supply of blades, as well.

When my mother passed away, she had a large collection of makeup, lipsticks, soaps and whatnot. We were going to donate them to a women's shelter, and while they greatly appreciate donations like these, we were informed that they only accept new, unused items.

The OP's local organizations may have different criteria for acceptance. Go ahead and give it a shot. I'd rather see somebody get some use out of canned goop and carts rather than they just wind up as landfill.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well. Giving to homeless may be the most rewarding, but if you want to see an amazing sight, shake well and shoot with .22 Stinger.

Instant snowstorm!

well. "Foamstorm."

AA

Last edited:
Seriously? Donate to homeless? Toss in garbage? Uber lather with a good soap? Have none of you been paying attention to how this plague spreads? I'm sorry, but if you have old foam or gel in a can laying around the only reliable way of disposing of them once and for all is to man up and put them down for good. I know it sounds harsh, but its the responsible thing to do.

Step 1) Find a quiet place in the country.
Step 2) Dig a hole about the size of shoe box, to a depth of no less than 3 feet.
Step 3) Go home, pack your cans of foam in your travel bag so they think you are just taking them along on another road trip. Don't look anxious or act suspicious in any way. If they pick up on your tension you are finished.
Step 4) When you get to the predug hole out in the countryside, place a cartridge type razor in the bottom of the hole as bait.
Step 5) Take the cans of foam out of the travel bag, place them in the hole with the razor. Once they see the cartridge razor they will calm down and quietly snuggle with the razor. That's your opportunity.
Step 6) Don eye and ear protection, load your weapon, calmly and smoothly shoot each can of foam center mass.
Step 7) Back fill hole and leave.

Its the only way fella's. We cant take the chance of them spreading their disease.

I had a couple cans of Barbasol that had been laying around for years. This past summer I finally put them out of my misery. I took them out back and dispatched them with my trusty Smith & Wesson model 629 stainless steel .44 magnum revolver w/ 8-3/8" barrel, target sights and trigger, and Hogue combat grips. I hand loaded the cartridges for white tail deer hunting. 240 gr hollow point bullet pushed by H110 powder and mag primer. Muzzle velocity is just a tick shy of 2,000 feet per second. Kicks like a beast but sent those cans of foam straight to their maker. 2 rounds fired, 2 dead cans of Barbasol.

This is the firearms thread isn't it?

Aside from snowman who has the right equipment to commit mayhem on just about anything:thumbup1: , trash them.

I thought SWMBO would use up my two cans of Barbasol, but she was "sniffing" around while I was making a lather one evening (AoS Lavender), and it was done. She now has her own brush and creams (AoS, TOBS and Trumper)... and the Barbasol sits.
When I asked, "Aren't you going to use up the canned foam?", she laughed, "Do I look stupid to you?"

Just trash them.

Shooting stuff that blows up is fun, however, I would probably check with the local homeless shelter first. If they decline, into the range bag they go!

Shooting stuff that blows up is fun, however, I would probably check with the local homeless shelter first. If they decline, into the range bag they go!

Yeah, I worked at a place that had employees throw cans of aerosol into the incenerator and trash compactor and it was fun to hear them explode. Kind of put a spark in your day.

I threw my goo and gel away, and gave away my cartridges when I found how much better the old fashioned shaving equipment worked. Every once in a while I think I'd like to take a stab at multiblade razors and goo for old times sake, but quickly remember how irritated it made my face 4-5 days a week.

Last edited:
Top Bottom