What's new

Double ring parade

The photos of my Double Rings wont load either.
But that's because I don't own one yet. Too pricey for me, unless I stumble upon one.

Here is my double ring I found in the wild today. I went ahead and cleaned the innards of the case with compressed air and scotch tape. I also polished the razor since the tarnish was so thick it was coming off with soap and water and made it look uneven and dirtier. Ha. What was underneath was real nice. It came with some matchstrike blade cases so I grabbed my single ring blade cases for pictures. One final picture of the new DR pals.

Nice score Brent! Where in the wild did you find it?

Thanks John! Well I consider the wild anything but eBay. I ran over to a antique mall near my office at lunch. I have not been hunting in a long while and any time I go I find squat. I just got the urge to go and bam there it is sitting in vendor #12's display case. He had a bunch of razors priced at retail. Then I see the price on this and while it was not $5 it was at least 75% less than what they normally go for after I got my Holiday 25% discount as well. Ha.

Here is mine. Found the other day at a flea market. In pretty great shape. Also happened to find a 1906 single ring, unfortunately with only half the box. Here are pics of the double ring before clean up, which will probably go up for sale.

$IMG_3547.jpgView attachment 629012View attachment 629013View attachment 629014

Here's my double ring found in rural Alberta ,got it when I first started searching Antique stores and I didn't know what a single or double ring were, he was asking $25 and I thought that was too much for an old black razor and offered $20 which he accepted .Here are the other razors I found on the same trip but different stores,the New is a Goodwill .Here they are after cleaning total cost $120.00 Canadian

Glenn

View attachment 585545
Great finds. I have found a lot of razors in Alberta, but none as good as the ones you have found. Great hunting. Enjoy your adventure.

My first double ring... soooo excited!! I would like to add it to the double ring wiki but couldn't figure out how to do it..Serial#217264
1905 gillette double ring 005.JPG
1905 gillette double ring 019.JPG

My Double Ring rad was satisfied with this early sample PAF ('03/'04?) sent to a prominent Portland Chamber of Commerce businessman. Knurling and PAF lettering are a bit imperfect.

I believe (confirmed by Romsita?) it may have come with SHARP/DULL boxes originally. I have a couple but haven't swapped them out yet. The manual is different from the later ones in a few areas.

I would love to complete the set with one of the early blades. Have been looking for a while, no luck. May never find one methinks.
100_8352.JPG
100_8354.JPG

100_8344.JPG
100_8359.JPG

Top Bottom