What's new

Pipe Of The Day (POTD)

A few years ago I bought my first pipe and my first tin of tobacco, Dunhill Royal Yacht. Not a beginner tobacco; it was too strong and I've always been a fast smoker which didn't help.
Now that I know what I'm doing, thanks to the great members of Brownleaf, I had to give Royal Yacht another chance. The new tin arrived yesterday and I had to have a bowl. The tobacco has a nice aroma, it is strong yet smooth and a pleasure to smoke. I had two bowls in a filtered Stanwell. Tonight I'll have some in my Savenilli 320.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I love Royal Yacht. With age, say 20 years or so, it's absolutely divine. Something everyone should have deep in their cellar. Even if they don't like fresh RY. With age, it's something different altogether.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Now I'm enjoying some Dunhill Elizabethan in my Tinsky No 13 tanblast bulldog. I have to say, I have many Tinsky pipes, but this is my first with a handcut stem by Mark (my others are all hand finished blanks). Absolutely night and day. If you like Tinsky, you owe it to yourself to get one with a custom stem. Best $75 upgrade to a pipe I've spent. Amazing draw!

Smoking my English Legacy blend in a IMP paneled Cherrywood meerschaum...
$FS No logo.jpg

I love Royal Yacht. With age, say 20 years or so, it's absolutely divine. Something everyone should have deep in their cellar. Even if they don't like fresh RY. With age, it's something different altogether.
I learned this quite recently.

Thank you. :thumbup1:

Before I start blending anything, I want to get an idea what some of the separate tobaccos taste like individually. Starting with McClelland 5100 in a Tom Eltang Devil Anse...

$DSCF4002.jpg

Std. Tobacco Co. War Horse in the HW Radiator. 1st taste of WH and the first time smoking the HW.. next bowl of WH will be in a familiar pipe, but I think I'll like it. The Radiator is super cool, literally and otherwise. I'm sticking to my first impression that this is a "smoking instrument" .. dig it!

$image.jpg

I hear ya.. I wasn't interested until I saw it in person, and even then it seemed potentially novelty like. However, now that I've smoked it, I'm totally sold. I think I'll end up with another bowl or two for it. Another thing about it that I wouldn't have guessed by looking at it, is that it's really well balanced.. very easy and comfortable to clench. I'll likely still favor my briar pipes, but I bet I'll reach for this way more often than I reach for the gourd calabash or the other metal pipes.

GLP Navigator while enjoying the first frost. The sweetness of navigator goes really well with the crisp air. Tried to catch the light of the in the pic but failed I'm afraid

. $image.jpg

Well, no beautiful winterscape for me to capture (high of 85 today), but it's still in the 40's early this morning and cool enough that I'm wearing my robe out on the patio, having a bowl of aged EMP in my 2012 B&B LE with my first cup of joe...

$DSCF4006.jpg

Last edited:
H&H Delta Days in a Ronny Thunér Rhodesian. First taste of Delta Days, and I'm liking it a lot. First smoke in the Thunér, and it's already a fave.. love it!

$image.jpg

Top Bottom