What's new

Baume.Be or Xpec?

I'm trying to make a decision between Baume.Be, and Xpec. Gents, what are your opinions on these products? Any help would be appreciated.:thumbup1:

I haven't yet tried Baum.Be so I couldn't compare the two, but XPEC is a fantastic high end cream. It's in my top 5 creams along with Tabula Rasa, Antica Barbieria Colla, and Acqua di Parma (tub). I'm sure Santa Maria Novella will be on that list when I get around to buying a tub. I've heard great things about Baum.Be so I'm curious about the responses of other members.

For me it's a easy choice, Baume all the way. Although XPEC is a good product it's not something that lives up to all the hype (for me YMMV).

IMO,this choice is easy. I've used both and I much prefer XPEC. Santa Maria Novella and XPEC are the two best creams on the market,at least for me

Craig

XPEC is a superb performing product. I understand Bullgoose no longer sells Baume.Be shaving cream because of product problems and no manufacturer support, personally I'd stay away from it

I much prefer Baume.be over XPEC by a wide, wide margin. I really like the scent of Baume, and greatly dislike the scent of XPEC for one thing. Secondly, both are excellent performers and one is not better than the other in that regard to me, and thus XPEC's cost at just over twice the price of Baume is a big negative. I do not think that XPEC is twice as good in terms of performance. I have to agree with "Snuff-Belgium" in that I don't think XPEC lives up to the hype, but it's certainly a YMMV thing.

Both are good products and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I'm perplexed by this post:

XPEC is a superb performing product. I understand Bullgoose no longer sells Baume.Be shaving cream because of product problems and no manufacturer support, personally I'd stay away from it

So have you tried Baume as well? And what specific insight can you offer other than Bullgoose no longer stocking it? Baume.be is still readily available on other online vendors, as well as on the shelf at Merz Apothecary in Chicago (at least when I was there a couple of weeks ago). Baume.be is an excellent performing cream, smells great, and has a nice ingredient list.

So have you tried Baume as well? And what specific insight can you offer other than Bullgoose no longer stocking it? Baume.be is still readily available on other online vendors, as well as on the shelf at Merz Apothecary in Chicago (at least when I was there a couple of weeks ago). Baume.be is an excellent performing cream, smells great, and has a nice ingredient list.

I don't think he is required to try it in order to offer an opinion. To me, Bullgoose choosing not to stock the product due to product problems and a lack of manufacturer support is a serious issue that certainly influences my willingness to purchase the product.

I don't think he is required to try it in order to offer an opinion. To me, Bullgoose choosing not to stock the product due to product problems and a lack of manufacturer support is a serious issue that certainly influences my willingness to purchase the product.
It's also hard for him to comment on the topic at hand, since he neglected to say whether he's tried Xpec AND Baume.be

The topic is a conversation about the 2 creams, not their distribution.

It's also hard for him to comment on the topic at hand, since he neglected to say whether he's tried Xpec AND Baume.be

The topic is a conversation about the 2 creams, not their distribution.

My point is merely that in a decision between Baum.Be and XPEC, that distributors have rejected one for serious reasons would be a significant influence on my own decision making process.

My point is merely that in a decision between Baum.Be and XPEC, that distributors have rejected one for serious reasons would be a significant influence on my own decision making process.
At this point, that claim is heresay. Unless he works for BullGoose, in which case it violates the TOU of this site.

Last edited:
I much prefer Baume.be over XPEC by a wide, wide margin. I really like the scent of Baume, and greatly dislike the scent of XPEC for one thing. Secondly, both are excellent performers and one is not better than the other in that regard to me, and thus XPEC's cost at just over twice the price of Baume is a big negative. I do not think that XPEC is twice as good in terms of performance. I have to agree with "Snuff-Belgium" in that I don't think XPEC lives up to the hype, but it's certainly a YMMV thing.

Both are good products and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I'm perplexed by this post:

I have not tried the Baum.Be cream, I have the balm which is a good product.. I went to order the cream from Phil and he was no longer carrying it - some of his customers informed him that after a short time the cream had gone bad, he had no recourse with the manufacturer so he discontinued sales. That's all I know. I have dealt with Bullgoose for some time, he has NEVER steered me wrong or given me bad advice, if he and his customers were having problems with the Baum.Be cream I have no reason to doubt them. Again YMMV, there are too many excellent creams and soaps out there to be hassled by a cream whose formulation has no longevity.

I have not tried the Baum.Be cream, I have the balm which is a good product.. I went to order the cream from Phil and he was no longer carrying it - some of his customers informed him that after a short time the cream had gone bad, he had no recourse with the manufacturer so he discontinued sales. That's all I know. I have dealt with Bullgoose for some time, he has NEVER steered me wrong or given me bad advice, if he and his customers were having problems with the Baum.Be cream I have no reason to doubt them. Again YMMV, there are too many excellent creams and soaps out there to be hassled by a cream whose formulation has no longevity.

Thanks for the clarification! That does deter me a bit, though I imagine this problem wouldn't be as likely to occur with the soap version.

Thanks for the clarification! That does deter me a bit, though I imagine this problem wouldn't be as likely to occur with the soap version.

Hello, as the manufacturer of the BAUME.BE line I have never received complaints from the reseller nor any questions. Could I have the lot nr. of the shaving cream so I can check this? It is printed on the backside near the INCI-list. We keep samples of all the lots and the very first sample of 4 years ago has still not "gone bad". Please mail this to [email protected]. I do care and am extremely disappointed with this thread.

I find the claim this "formulation has no longevity" quite inaccurate and unfair. Having checked the ingredients, I've come to learn that BAUME.BE has a better preservatives-profile [in terms of number and type] than many other highly regarded creams.

Hello, as the manufacturer of the BAUME.BE line I have never received complaints from the reseller nor any questions. Could I have the lot nr. of the shaving cream so I can check this? It is printed on the backside near the INCI-list. We keep samples of all the lots and the very first sample of 4 years ago has still not "gone bad". Please mail this to [email protected]. I do care and am extremely disappointed with this thread.
Thank you for the clarification, Karl! Welcome to B&B!

Hmmm in that case I'd wonder what is causing this discrepancy in reports. Baum.Be has always been on my purchase list (I want a good soap product from Belgium) but stability is important to me since I have a few soaps.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Beaume.be all they way!! The cream is great and the balm is just the best out there.

All this talk of Baume.be got me motivated to use it today. Egg-cellent!!!!!!

$111215 - Copy.JPG

Top Bottom