What's new

25 Things Fast Food Chains Don't Want You to Know

That was a scam at a local Wendy's. Someone bought a severed finger and put it in their chili for a payday, but it backfired and they got jail time. I showed up that same week at Wendy's and ordered their chili in solidarity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Ayala

Actually, this was a suspicious piece of meat that looked like a piece of a finger that they found in the vat of chili. (It wasn't made at the restaurant, they received it in commercial size #10 cans.) My friend who worked there said it never got served, they had to notify "corporate" but the general public never found out. He never heard the end result either. Who knows, it might not have actually been a finger....
This was in the early 80s -- before the Anna Ayala/Wendys case.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Wow really shocking stuff

:lol:

The way Arby's is/was made is basically the same thing people do when they make homemade sausage. I'm sure there are some people who put some type of preservative in their home sausage...depending on how much they make at a time.

Thinking back on it...I believe the proportions were 75 pounds boning trimmings, 75 pounds roast cuts, and 50 pounds fat. Of course the roast cuts were bull meat I believe, but I could be wrong, as the cow roasts, steaks, etc. went to supermarkets. There's nothing wrong with bull meat...as a mater of fact it gets pretty dang tender after a few trips through the grinder. :w00t:

Last edited:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
:lol:

The way Arby's is/was made is basically the same thing people do when they make homemade sausage. I'm sure there are some people who put some type of preservative in their home sausage...depending on how much they make at a time.

I thought the same thing. It sounded like making bologna or knackwurst (with a different recipe, but the same sort of texture and processing).

Comparing anything to a toilet is not accurate.

Your toilet is the cleanest thing in your house. Your sink is the filthiest. So of course the ice machine is going to be dirtier than a toilet.
We had a machine at work called a novalum, to measure how clean something is. It blows peoples minds when I show them how dirty the copy machine is, and then show them the toilet seat and a cutting board.
You can almost serve food off a toilet seat, thats how clean it is.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Comparing anything to a toilet is not accurate.

Your toilet is the cleanest thing in your house.

Invitations I'm considering RSVP'ing to for Thanksgiving:

luvmysuper
bigfoot
beginish
thematthatter
brianw
augustwest
oc_in_fw

Last edited:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
The fast food industry paid me to derail it.

Arby's called and persuaded me to keep it on track and not reveal too much, as I know their process. Those electronic bank transfers they do now are neat.

Back to the thread...we had State Inspectors at the packing houses in their white coats and white hardhats that just stood around and watched what we did.

I don't eat at fast food restaurants very much, and don't mind it when I do...I'm not real concerned about worm burgers. If I want a good burger I just go to a greasy spoon where when you eat a burger the grease cascades down your arm and drips off of your elbow into a shimmering, silvery pool onto the table.

Good stuff!

I think I'm gonna go to Burger King tomorrow and check out their flame broil again...if I'm not back in three days Aaron knows where I live and he can send someone to check on me.

Top Bottom