What's new

25 Things Fast Food Chains Don't Want You to Know

Not sure if this is the right place to post this...

Check out this interesting article on Yahoo. I was pretty shocked by several of them

tinyurl.com/pbuzjvj

I don't know if I will be going back to McDonalds

Some of them made sense after I thought about the times I ordered fast food in the past.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Link was bad on my end.

Yup...dreaded 404 error here also.

Do you have another link to the article that's not a tinyurl thing? They seem to suck on my service.

Edit: Oh, and I used to work in a packing house that made some of the Arby's roast beef...well, pureed beef (ground several times and mixed with the spices and stuff), stuffed in big sausage style casings that they "roast". I still don't have a problem with eating it after the franchise "roasts" it in their ovens then slices it. It does have some preservatives in it, but not like hot dogs or bologna. I've never seen bug parts that were allowed in the stuff we used to make.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
What kills me is flame grilling hasn't always been phony. Burger King used to do this, and they used to be the best.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
What kills me is flame grilling hasn't always been phony. Burger King used to do this, and they used to be the best.
Owen:
proxy.php
...back in those days...BK 'had it going on'! :thumbsup:

I think the circa was the late 70's into the 80's if I'm not mistaken I remember their 'flame broiled' burgers. :001_rolle

proxy.php
"Be Your Way". Burger King Slogan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, I remember working at pizza hut and having a manager judge if the dropped pizzas could be delivered or not. Wasn't a 5 second rule so much as if the topping slid around too much. Also, their chicken killed the flies in the kitchen. Mmmm.

Also a tip, if you send your food back... don't get anything in place of it. And don't be rude to the servers. Both give you a good chance of getting unwanted ... additions. Course, sometimes they just do it for fun.

Not quite "fast food" but a friend of mine cooked at Dennys back in the 80s. When cooking pasta, if the cooks couldn't find a strainer easily, they'd just strain the pasta through their hat.

And then there was the "Chili Finger" episode.....

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Edit: Oh, and I used to work in a packing house that made some of the Arby's roast beef...well, pureed beef (ground several times and mixed with the spices and stuff), stuffed in big sausage style casings that they "roast".

I believe they used to call it "flaked and reformed beef". :lol:

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I believe they used to call it "flaked and reformed beef". :lol:

That's an apt description. :biggrin1:

It's been years ago and I don't remember exactly, but when we'd mix up a tub of it we put in 75 pounds of trimmings from the boning operation that had been run through the grinder 2 or 3 times, and I "think" about 50 pounds of fat that had also been run through the grinder several times. Add the scoops of powdered preservatives and let the paddles in the vat mix it up for awhile. When we ran it through the sausage machine to stuff the casings, which were a little bigger than a bread wrapper, it looked like cookie dough. It then went into the freezer and when the restaurant got it they would cook in in their oven and it firmed up for slicing. I could be wrong on the meat/fat ratio as I think there may have been another 75 pounds of some meat in the mix also, but don't remember exactly.

Anyways, I still eat it every once in awhile. It's just not a real "roast" cut. But it is "roasted" in their oven, and it does have beef in it. :lol:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm OUTRAGED!!!
I always thought chow from fast food joints was healthy and good for us!!!

Don't eat there if their methods bother you.
It isn't like preparing an organically grown hand made tofu burger and a salad. That's why I eat there periodically.

I never understood the desire of the terminally clenched to not only think that so and so is bad for them so they shouldn't do it, but that since they think it's bad, no one else should be able to either.

you have to stay on top of the fast food folks to keep them honest. McDonalds changed their pink slime about 5 years ago after the video came out

Top Bottom